Sgt. Pepper's 50th Anniversary Edition Price and Shipping Thread

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by The Hole Got Fixed, Apr 4, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. John Hatter

John Hatter Senior Member

£79,99 for box set on Amazon UK , it’s coming down

m4murder likes this.
  2. The box is exhibit A in the whole geoblocking Amazon.com.au/Amazon Global scam.
    On Amazon.com the box is $114 which is about $152 Australian
    On Amazon.com.au Amazon.com is the cheapest place to buy it as it is listed as a 3rd Party seller.However it is not at the American price but $239(plus postage).So there is a special link for Australia that gives us a price increase of $87 or nearly 60%.
    This is the contempt Amazon has for Australia.They must think we are really stupid and gives us a preview of how we will be treated by them post July 1 when we are blocked from all international Amazon sites.

3. Easy-E

Easy-E Forum Resident

We will not actually be blocked from any amazon site to buy - just wont be able to get it delivered to an Aust address.

Those parcel forwarding things are an option or strike up a friendship with a fellow forumite (like I have) and get stuff delivered to their US address and then get it sent on.

It is a darn shame that Amazon is being so bloody minded about the collection of this one tax - they seem to be perfectly able to collect a multitude of US state taxes and UK VAT and European VAT just not Aust GST :(

Their shipping was always on the cheap side so now with that cost added on it will impact on the overall price - however I have had about 8 to 10 albums sent over in a big box for about $100 US.

jumpinjulian likes this.
  4. Easy-E

Easy-E Forum Resident

Sorry to quote myself but the Sgt Pepper example quoted is not quite as described

https://www.amazon.com/Peppers-Lone...9&sr=1-2&keywords=sgt+pepper+50th+anniversary

https://www.amazon.com.au/Peppers-L...9&sr=1-2&keywords=sgt+pepper+50th+anniversary

Putting it in a cart on the US site and adding post to Aust it comes out at $AUD181

Doing the same in Aust Amazon its $190 with free post - and as they gave us all a $20 voucher it could be $170

Cheaper when the voucher is used by $11, dearer by $9 without the voucher

However the recent Pink Floyd Pulse set is actually cheaper on Aust amazon than it is in the US even with out the voucher :eek:

https://www.amazon.com/Pulse-Live-P...806328&sr=8-1&keywords=pulse+pink+floyd+vinyl - $US80.19

https://www.amazon.com.au/Pulse-Liv...806328&sr=8-1&keywords=pulse+pink+floyd+vinyl - $AUD119.99

Putting it in a cart on the US site and adding post to Aust it comes out at $AUD135

Doing the same in Aust Amazon its $119 with free post - and with the $20 voucher its $99

Now I'm fully aware that the product range sucks and that just these 2 examples do not make up for that but hopefully/maybe/eventually :waiting: the prices may start to align for more and more products :)

5. originalsnuffy

originalsnuffy Socially distant and unstuck in time

Well, its not the Beatles but recently Amazon Australia had the newish Procol Harum Box set for a crazy low price; something like AU $29.

6. Colocally

Colocally One Of The New Wave Boys

I just bought the box set from amazon prime for $119. There’s 5 boxes left on the Canadian site.

alx7 and lightbulb like this.
  7. jibbers

jibbers Forum Resident

8. Price.pittsburgh

Price.pittsburgh Forum Resident

9. superstar19

superstar19 Authentic By Nature

Did the link take you to the .de or .com amazon site? Sounds like viglink re-directed you to .com. You need to opt out of viglink. You can do a "viglink opt out" google search to find the link to opt out.

Price.pittsburgh and lightbulb like this.
  10. lightbulb

lightbulb Not the Brightest of the Bunch

Perhaps you’re being redirected to your local Amazon, and not to Amazon.de....?

11. TheSeldomSeenKid

TheSeldomSeenKid Forum Resident

Or anyone can just scroll to the bottom of the Anazom.com Home Page and change the Country option.

12. mrjinks

mrjinks Optimistically Challenged

Or, even easier, when you're on the amazon.com page for a specific item, simply delete the .com, enter .de in its place and press enter and you get the German page for that item.

Simple way to compare prices on different amazon sites and works almost all of the time. :)

13. timnor

timnor Forum Resident

jibbers likes this.
  14. To me say 140 euro..

15. jhm

jhm Forum Resident

It's gone back up. Kudos to those who got in on the deal.

16. timnor

timnor Forum Resident

My order was cancelled !

17. jhm

jhm Forum Resident

Man, that's lame. It must have been a pricing mistake.

longdist01 likes this.
  18. mindgames

mindgames Forum Resident

Hey, I hate these kind of posts but... my order got shipped and will be here soon :help:...

I'm always holding out and waiting for a deal like this, even with the 10 euro shipping costs (because independent seller, not Amazon themselves) it's about half of what it would've costed me a year ago. So major thanks to @jibbers.

jibbers, jhm and TheSeldomSeenKid like this.
  19. andrewskyDE

andrewskyDE Island Owner

20. TheSeldomSeenKid

TheSeldomSeenKid Forum Resident

I already own this Box Set, but if I did not own it, I would just keep checking most Amazon Sites and Import CDs every day, especially as you never know when it will be Amazon 'Deal of the Day'. Was not sure if it was discounted during Amazon Prime Day last week. Also , check closer to November/December near the Holidays, as almost every day brings a nice discount on items like Box Sets.

21. mindgames

mindgames Forum Resident

It was already going back and forth when I ordered, to the point of me ordering and getting an error the price changed to 117,50 euros, me clicking back and ordering it for 49,99 euros after all.

22. andrewskyDE

andrewskyDE Island Owner

I'd say the price actually didn't change.^^ At the time when I ordered it (back when the box set was fresh released) the price was about the same as right now...

23. Jason Manley

Jason Manley Senior Member

Does anyone know of a better deal (in the U.S) on the Box Set than what Amazon has right now?

$114.29

24. Peter_R

Peter_R Maple Syrple Gort Staff

I won my copy from a local radio giveaway. So, free?

gvout and Jason Manley like this.
  25. Jason Manley

Jason Manley Senior Member

LOL.. congrats.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.