Shea Stadium - 4K Restoration Uncovered! "Ticket to Ride", "I Feel Fine", "I'm Down", and more!

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by fusdechus, Nov 25, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fusdechus

fusdechus Well-Known Member Thread Starter

[​IMG]

The Beatles: Live at Shea Stadium | 4K Restoration - YouTube

Alright, I'm going to spoil the surprise to you all early: I created that video. And, don't be put off by this - these are actual clips from the 4K Restoration, and NOT Anthology OR the poor quality cell phone capture from the showing after the theater.

This is the real deal. And it was hiding under our noses for four years.

------

These clips come from the special edition of the "Eight Days a Week: The Touring Years" documentary. Somehow, even through the legal kerfuffle surrounding the concert, they were able to use some clips from the performance in their bonus interviews. [Every single clip is from these interviews, barring "Help!" from Imagine: John Lennon, of which I shared in an earlier post.]

These clips I was able to sync to an FM-radio capture of the official 2016 remaster audio. It wasn't the best sounding thing in the world, but it was what was the most accurate to the showing. Surprisingly, some of these fit exactly in to the footage I had grabbed. The girl screaming "George!" at 1:30? I didn't add that in.

And, I did have to employ some editing magic so that I could stretch some of the songs a little to give them a satisfying conclusion. But other than that, this I believe, is the closest approximation to what would have been seen in theaters in 2016.

So this begs the question: why haven't they and when will they release Shea?

Last edited: Nov 25, 2020
    budwhite, PH416156 and cwitt1980 like this.
  2. BeatleJWOL

BeatleJWOL Carnival of Light enjoyer... IF I HAD ONE

Lawyers.

Shakespeare was right.

fusdechus, longdist01 and AppleCorp3 like this.
  3. cwitt1980

cwitt1980 Senior Member

I'm glad my brother and I decided to track down a theater to watch the film in when it came out. Looks good. Here's hoping for the full show one day!

I'm sure it's been bandied about (but I don't plan on looking through a long Beatles thread), I recall being at a Fest For Beatles Fans where a booth had the show in stereo. I believe he may have talked that weekend too (I forget). Wasn't it mixed to stereo at some point but they opted for a mono mix or fold during the making of the Anthology series?

BeatleJWOL and fusdechus like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.