Dismiss Notice
We are making some updates and reconfigurations to our server. Apologies for any downtime or slow forum loading now or within the next week or so. Thanks!

Shipping damage is now the new normal

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by dkurtis, Mar 19, 2019.

1. dkurtis

dkurtis sonofthefather Thread Starter

I am very impressed with the Music Direct shipments that I have received over the last few months. They really do prioritize packing and have designed some outstanding boxes. I keep them to repurpose on any records that I ship out.

2. Rodz42

Rodz42 Forum Resident

both our teams are quite embarrassing this season

dkurtis likes this.
  3. zongo

zongo Forum Resident

I have to say, I've been pretty impressed with the two LP orders I've gotten from Deep Discount - both overpacked massively and came through great. I know it seems unlikely from a place with that name, but if you want good shipping of LPs, you might try them.

4. vinylbeat

vinylbeat Forum Resident

I've noticed a trend lately from various eBay and Discogs sellers in using bubble wrap instead of cardboard stiffeners when shipping records. Luckily I haven't experienced any damages..,.....yet!

But come on! Do they really think bubble wrap is sufficient? Probably takes more time to neatly wrap the records in bubble wrap than to cut up some cardboard to insert in the package.

Dave and dkurtis like this.
  5. tennesseeborder

tennesseeborder Forum Resident

There was an incident with the USPS where the carrier bent some books while shoving them into my mailbox. I became very angry and launched a war against the USPS. After being patronized by the post master, I decided to make complaints with agencies against the post office and the carrier repeatedly until the post office and carrier finally decided to leave any mail larger than a letter at the post office for me to pic up there. Any USPS office should be able to offer this service. My advice is be persistent.

6. dkurtis

dkurtis sonofthefather Thread Starter

I have noticed that some of the new record box designs have improved the odds during shipping. If you can't improve the way they are handled - improve the box.

fluffskul likes this.
  7. ArpMoog

ArpMoog Forum Resident

What's wrong with expecting what you pay for ? Only a ***** can't pack properly it's not that hard.
    I guess sheep will get what their willing to put up with.
    Just avoid the big guys problem solved because they don't care.
    This attitude though of expectations to receive goods as new as described as outrageous reeks of Beta.

8. Deek57

Deek57 Forum Resident

My luck continues, so far this year I have had ten LPs delivered by amazon uk, all have been well packed, some double boxed (overkill really) all have arrived in pristine perfect condition.

stem and SJP like this.