Shipping & Packaging - post photos of how your LPs arrive!

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by imarcq, Jan 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dazz

Dazz Senior Member

Seems that way. I've been leaving feedback for the past year. I was starting to think it wasn't worth it.

2. sparkydog

sparkydog Forum Resident

From Amazon Canada:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. In-Absentia

In-Absentia Forum Resident

The one experience I had ordering vinyl from Amazon Canada was very positive; good sized box with the air cushions. Absolutely no damage at all. Just made another order with them yesterday, so hopefully they continue the good work.

4. imarcq

imarcq Men are from Mars, I'm from Bromley... Thread Starter

Well I just ordered that Fleetwood Mac Rumours 2x45rpm on pre-release from Amazon so it looks like I don't have to worry about it getting F#*ked up with Amazons normally rubbish mailing - unlike the trees and landfill sites!

5. imarcq

Well done Darren - you did well :) And at now $US1.034 to $A1 thats now US$8.65

.....meanwhile here AusPost increase our mail prices on Monday 3 April and sending 1 x LP will now cost $6.20 :(

6. Dazz

Dazz Senior Member

:shake:

7. imarcq

Whats weird is that I just bought 2 books from Amazon and the shipping was just under $15. I was expecting it to be less. Maybe the books are heavier than the LP's? But I didn't think Amazon used weight - rather it is the item itself. But it's still not THAT expensive. I bet Auspost would charge more than that to ship the same parcel interstate here in Oz!

8. imarcq

Thats a single LP thats UNDER 500g I might add. So double LP's are going to be minimum $11+ now (depending on the destination - its REALLY complicated how they work it out). We get such a crap deal with our post here :(

9. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

3 From Forum Members, the BIG one from the Amazon Marketplace Seller of The Spector Box Vinyl Set...can't wait to get home (my son Chris took pic there)

10. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

Well, the BIG box had big styrofoam stoppers, plenty of peanuts, a manila envelope, heavily taped, over an album mailer, also taped, with the Spector Back To Mono box inside, and all 5 albums, inside new sleeves, inside the picture/paper sleeves. The red Back To Mono button, the book, the picture, AND...a Bonus picture on Fuji paper, that was too big to have come from inside the original boxed set. Exemplary seller. His store is Executive Edge Collectibles in the Amazon Marketplace. My cost : $ 150.00 :thumbsup:

11. Dazz

Dazz Senior Member

Nice one Myke.

Unfortunately, I received a single LP from Amazon US yesterday - in a massive box with air pillows. In other words, back to normal. Dings on 2 corners and a seam split along the top. Looks like it depends which warehouse does the packing.

12. imarcq

Uh-Oh...There goes my Ltd Edition 2LP Rumours :(

13. imarcq

And my LCD Soundsystem London Sessions 2LP......bugger!

14. Dazz

Dazz Senior Member

Me too. Unless it comes from a "good" warehouse.

You look a bit green around the gills there Mark.

15. imarcq

lol. You wouldn't like me when I'm angry haha....

16. johnt23

johnt23 Forum Resident

My definition of tragedy

Maybe a bit over dramatic, but my elation turned to sorrow when I opened the package. I inspected the cover first and it looked crisp and mint. I then went for the lp and grabbed a broken section of vinyl from the box. The tragedy is that the vinyl itself is (was) minty. It's darn near impossible to find mint originals of this Meters album. I scored one for $15 and this had to happen. Oh blah de, oh blah da.

Attached Files:

17. imarcq

Jeez thats a disappointment for sure. Bad luck! Was it 30% off?

18. GroovinGarrett

GroovinGarrett Mrs. Stately's Garden

My digital camera is kaput, so no photos of this....

I received a double LP in the mail yesterday, purchased on eBay. I asked the seller to please take the records/sleeves out of the gatefold before packaging (standard procedure). Seller replied "I always do that". Great. Nothing to worry about.

Received the package yesterday. The inner sleeves were still in the gatefold jacket. The individual records were wrapped in plastic wrap (Saran Wrap). I've seen bad packaging before, but this one is the worst I've experienced yet. Thankfully no audible or visible damage to the LP's, but quite a shock to open the LP mailer and find that.

19. monewe

monewe Forum Resident

Yep we had a hefty hike of postal prices here on the same day as well.

20. monewe

monewe Forum Resident

Ouch that must have hurt. Mind you if the cover ain't damaged makes you wonder if the seller didn't send it to you like that as it is very difficult IMHO to break a slab of vinyl without damaging the sleeve.

21. Dazz

Dazz Senior Member

I've received three shipments from Amazon US in the past week, as follows:

1. Single album in LP mailer as is - not placed inside a larger box;

2. Two separate albums in large box - one in an LP mailer, one just floating around loosey goosey (with seem split - surprise, surprise);

3. Single album in LP mailer, inside larger box.

It's still a crap shoot, but at least 3 of my 4 albums were well protected.

22. Dazz

Dazz Senior Member

Looks like I spoke too soon. I got home and opened one of the LP mailers and the 33rpm Rumours I had been waiting on for so long was opened half way along the top seam. Not just a split - it was bent and had become unglued. I have a feeling the LP mailers may be a bit too tight? The mailer itself was in perfect shape.

I emailed Amazon and they told me to keep it and they will send a new one by priority mail. As always, while their packaging sometimes leaves a lot to be desired, their customer service is world class.

23. imarcq

Uh oh - I've got two on the way from the A. Wonder if they'll have the "Learn to Swim" kit inside big boxes as per usual? I hope your new one turned up OK?

24. Dazz

Dazz Senior Member

New one turned up perfect, thanks Mark.

The first one was unplayable. It was dished - or should I say "fruit bowled" - with a huge lip warp as well. Looks like a pottery attempt gone horribly wrong. I'm keeping it as an example of what can happen when you stuff a record the wrong way into a confined space!

25. imarcq

So a happy ending fortunately. Just sell the first one on eBay as MINT!!!!

Just don't mention it's a mint fruit bowl haha......

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.