Shipping Times To Australia

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by Alan57, Sep 29, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alan57

Alan57 Forum Resident Thread Starter

In these COVID times air freight times to Australia have become long and erratic.This is mainly due to the border lockdown that means there are very few flights arriving.I thought if people wanted to post their experiences it may give us an idea of who and where to order from to get better delivery times.
    Some examples
    Importscd-pre COVID 10 days. March-4 weeks. April-8 weeks. May-6 weeks. June-4 weeks. July-10 weeks and still counting
    Amazon 3rd Party-7-8 weeks
    JPC-3 weeks and still counting
    To give an idea of the variations someone here posted that they received an item from Stones store on 14 September that was sent on 1 July.On the same day a friend of mine received something from them that had been sent 3 September.

2. (To Tasmania) : Import CDs, 1 week when sent Fedex, up to 12 when sent RRD or otherwise. USPS from Nashville ( a friend collates purchases in the US for me), 7 weeks now, up to 12 earlier this year. Europe, between 3 and 13 weeks. No pattern anywhere, just exceedingly long delays (and very slow after arriving in Australia - last one from Nashville took 5 weeks from Perth, Western Australia to Tasmania).

Alan57 likes this.
  3. Jimmy Agates

Jimmy Agates CRAZY DOCTOR

Yeah agree with above its all over the place.

I've had stuff from CDJapan shipped DHL and arrive in 3 days meanwhile other stuff from US is taking sometimes up to 2 months (averaging around 40-48 days at the moment) .

Anything I'm ordering I'm not expecting in under 45 days andif it turns up sooner its a bonus!!!

Alan57 likes this.
  4. Alan57

Alan57 Forum Resident Thread Starter

I’ll post occasional updates when and if I receive stuff.Hoping that as the government increases the number of returning citizens and there is a corresponding increase in the number of flights it may speed up a bit.
    Another complication is that Warner’s said last week they will be moving product to Australia by sea rather than air.Not only will this mean new releases won’t arrive here until 5-6 weeks after release date but the current maritime dispute might stretch this out even more.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.