Short Film "That's My Jazz"

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Lucifigus, Nov 18, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lucifigus

Lucifigus Forum Resident Thread Starter

I was recently at a Food and Film Festival here in Nova Scotia (Devour!). One of the films presented was a short film about the son of bassist Milt Abel of the Kansas City jazz scene. The son (Milton) is an accomplished chef. The film was the runner up in the short documentary category at the festival. It runs about 13 minutes and is well worth the time to watch.

konut and EdgardV like this.
  2. Dave Garrett

Dave Garrett Senior Member

For some reason, the forum isn't displaying the full controls for this embedded video (such as zoom to full-screen) or a link to the video on the hosting platform (Vimeo). I would put a direct link here, but any link seems to be automatically converted to the same embedded video as above. So anyone wanting to watch it with full functionality will have to search for the video name on Vimeo.

3. I lived in Kansas City from 1994-2010, and although I'm having trouble remembering specifically, I'm just sure I saw Milt Able perform on a number of occasions. In any case, I remember the name not just vaguely, but like I'd heard his name mentioned dozens of times over the years (admittedly 15+ years ago).

I'll have to take a look at this when I have the chance. Thanks to the OP for posting it.

4. konut

konut Prodigious Member. Thank you.

Thanks for posting. That was really great!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.