Should i buy these Laserdiscs??

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by RetroSmith, Sep 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tjazz

Tjazz Breakfast at (a record store)

At $3 a disc, it's like a video rental.

I would buy just about any music laserdisc for $3.

2. pjaizz

pjaizz Forum Resident

It always amazes me when a new format comes out,everyone seems to forget the old tried and true format that existed before. Greg is exactly right, if your equipment is up to snuff, your laserdiscs will look wonderful, title contingent of course. I'm always in the hunt for those cheap-o sales. I got a great haul where I got about 40 Criterion/Pioneer Special Edition discs for between $1 and $5 apiece! Man, was I a happy camper!!! Of course, my non-audio/videophile friends always offer me 8-tracks, missing the point entirely. The good thing about moribund technology is you can always find stuff dirt cheap, and reap the benefits. Boy, sometimes I wish I was just starting to collect Lp's and LD's again...so much stuff out there now!

So don't buy any of those Lasers out there...leave them for me!
    :goodie: :goodie:

3. pjaizz

pjaizz Forum Resident

Speaking of the big apple, there is a wacky store called Disc O Rama, on 6th ave. near that basketball court in the village that has a few lasers tucked away. The store looks like it wouldn't have anything of merit, but the more you dig, the more you find! Some great hi rez audio discs in the back under the glass cases. Check it out!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.