Should we close our Audio Hardware section, yes or no?

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Steve Hoffman, Mar 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lazlo Nibble

Lazlo Nibble Forum Resident

I suspect (admittedly based on zero evidence) that Steve was getting behind-the-scenes complaints from friends and/or colleagues about the tone of some of the recent threads, and ran the poll to help address/defuse that complaining.

2. Brother_Rael

Brother_Rael Senior Member

:D

I picked up a copy of Peter Gabriel's third album on CD a couple of years back - one of the early Nimbus masterings. Anyway, round the edge there was the distinct green tinge of the marker pen. It sounded great. Well, it did when I took the breeze-block off the speakers....

3. dbmay75

dbmay75 Funk & Guitar Junkie

"Don't Feed The Animals"

Seriously, Audio Hardware was here long before 'THEY' came along. If a group of members are going to get their tighty whiteys in a bunch over who makes a better thing-a-majig then they can start a forum specially designed for the anal retentive. This is Steve's forum and we are privileged, not entitled, to have access to it.

4. wolfram

wolfram Slave to the rhythm

Your kind of condescending remarks on that matter are just another reason for the unnecessary controversies in this section of the forum. And they really start to annoy me. :thumbsdn:

5. Chris Schoen

Chris Schoen Rock 'n Roll !!!

Ja! :agree:

6. JBryan

JBryan Forum Resident

I think I just figured this out... and its a TRAP! Steve's strategy was to lure the controversialists, trouble-makers and rabble rousers into this thread so he could take a head count and possibly, decimate the lot.

He knew we'd come - like bears to honey and we didn't disappoint... no, not only did we come running but we brought all our baggage, spewed our viciousness and otherwise acted out our folly just as Steve hoped. We may as well have hung a big pointer over our heads...what FOOLS we've been!

Now all Steve has to do is sit back and wait until such a time that he choses to pounce. Perhaps he has a target limit - maybe those with 5 or less posts in this thread will be spared while the rest of us surely will be dealt with, most harshly. Maybe he'll just play with us for awhile, like rats in a cage and then, when he's had his fun, he may slowly and deliberately snap off our heads, one-by-one or perhaps he will slash through us in mass, leaving a bloody, mangled mound of headless corpses of once proud posters.

Whatever the means...its over. We followed the piper and brought about our own demise... Oh, the humanity! We are Doomed...DOOMED!

7. Brother_Rael

Somebody's been Troma's output again!

8. dirtymac

dirtymac Forum Resident

OK. Cool.

9. rcspkramp

rcspkramp Forum Resident

Your cable debate may be veiled but mine is very open and transparent.

10. Scott Wheeler

Scott Wheeler Forum Resident

All cable debates sound the same.

11. kevintomb

kevintomb Forum Resident

You didnt see the message??

Whoever posts the most in this thread, gets invited to a mastering session, a week to hawaii, and all cost included:sigh:

12. Thurenity

Thurenity Listening to some tunes

I prefer FIOS, myself. Although if Comcast has improved, I might switch over this year. :)

13. TONEPUB

TONEPUB Senior Member

Now that's funny. When we don't agree with you "your views are misinterpreted" but when you don't agree with us, we are "condescending."

Good one!

14. rcspkramp

rcspkramp Forum Resident

Darn! I keep forgetting that.

15. Brother_Rael

Let's see; you didn't quote me accurately and you based your conclusions on that. Hard for me to accept your conclusions above or see that there's shred of goodwill coming from you anywhere in this. And yes, you were being condescending. There's no "we" or "us" in this. Just you. Still waiting for your views on Hartley's comment, Chapter 1, page 1, paragraph 4...won't hold my breath on that one I think.

16. Texastoyz

Texastoyz Forum Resident

I feel it should stay open.

17. Scott Wheeler

Are you willing to submit to an ABX DBT to prove that? Oh snap! I just broke the rules......:angel:

18. Chris Schoen

This is going in your "permenant record"! :sigh::shh::laugh:

19. Chris Schoen

Feelings have nothing to do with it! :winkgrin:

20. Leigh

Leigh https://orf.media

Clever.

21. dirtymac

dirtymac Forum Resident

oh snap?

oy vey.

22. Scott Wheeler

didn't enjoy the irony of the joke?

23. Mark Jackson

Mark Jackson Forum Resident

Keep it! It's good to have a place to go with questions. Bickering = passion (I guess). Plus I need a place where I know that there are a least a few people online that know what they're talking about. :)

24. ascot

ascot Senior Member

Please keep the section open. I know I'm not around much as in years ago, but when my CD player died that was the first place I went looking for info. Settled on that nice Oppo CD/SACD/Blu-ray machine and I love it!

25. Robin L

Robin L Musical Omnivore

Ah yes, you want room 12A, just along the corridor

I think keeping cable threads open is fine, but we should change the word Argument to Abuse so as to avoid any further confusion and/or consternation.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.