Show us your vinyl collection setup

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by RelayerNJ, Apr 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tinnox

tinnox Senior Member

2. tinnox

tinnox Senior Member

3. phish

phish Jack Your Body

4. tinnox

tinnox Senior Member

[​IMG]
    Wife put together a collage of band pics for the ceiling, it was a lot of work

friend74, Doggiedogma, Geee! and 10 others like this.
  5. Vinyl Addict

Vinyl Addict Forum Resident

Love that Cobain poster.

btltez and Dflow like this.
  6. marmil

marmil It's such a long story...

phish likes this.
  7. phish

phish Jack Your Body

Mine are Ikea Kallax units.

Szeppelin75 likes this.
  8. Josquin des Prez

Josquin des Prez I have spoken!

Mine as well. Ikea Kallax Gloss White. Two 4x4 units on bottom. Two 2x4 units on top.

phish likes this.
  9. Harvey Rickenbacker

Harvey Rickenbacker Forum Resident

Just finishing off a reno and shelves are almost loaded. Ikea Gallax Gloss White again. A 16, 2 x 8's and a 4 work well together and fitted my space perfectly. [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 11, 2018
  10. RelayerNJ

RelayerNJ Forum Resident Thread Starter

How do you organize by composer when there's multiple composers on one lp?

11. Josquin des Prez

That has always been sort of a tough call. I have a separate section for that, and there I organize it more-or-less chronologically, as much as possible. Much of that comprises early music (pre-Baroque). For the Renaissance music (I have a lot), some of that that is sub-organized in a sort of mixture with some genres (e.g. solo lute, keyboard) together, and by country otherwise.

There are times when I have thought about partitioning it into practice periods: Early Music, Common Practice Period (maybe with sub-groups), Modern but haven't done that yet. It would make sense because often I listen to classical within a practice period for any listening session.

I use Music Collector to catalog all my records. When I retire in a few years I hope to spend time getting more details of my classical collection in it, so I can do proper searches for things on it.

RelayerNJ likes this.
  12. danielkov86

danielkov86 Playing Devil's Avocado Since 1986

[​IMG]
    Pretty basic setup compared to many of you guys. I'm in a two-bedroom apartment with a one-year-old crawling around so I can't go crazy yet.

13. dividebytube

dividebytube Forum Resident

14. Terry

Terry Senior Member

15. Stan94

Stan94 Forum Resident

I bought a new Kallax shelf at Ikea last Sunday. The last one was too small.

Szeppelin75 likes this.
  16. Josquin des Prez

Those look like Ikea Expedit shelves (the Kallax predecessor).

Terry likes this.
  17. [​IMG]

After putting the most recent records in place, here's a fresh picture of my music collection. Only a few box sets and a 100-CD classical music encyclopedia collection are missing in the picture. I had to shoot two separate halves of the unit and stitch them together in a not so neat job, since this is a small room.

And here you can check what's in the shelves: https://myrecordlist.com/alvabass

18. jawaka1000

jawaka1000 Forum Resident

Nice collection!
    I love to see Pop and rock and Jazz and classical music brotherly together in one shelf. The world could learn a lot from us music lovers.
    btw. what are those white spine records left to Glen Goulds well tempered clavier?

19. btltez

btltez Forum Resident

Nice. Never seen that 'myrecordlist' site. Do you prefer it over Discogs? Do you have to add the info/cover pix yourself? Thanks

20. In 1980, a Spanish publisher released a 100-LP + fascicle encyclopedia called "Los Grandes Del Jazz" ( "The Greats Of Jazz" - Los Grandes Del Jazz ). I was in high school at the time and didn't know anything about jazz, so I didn't pay attention to it. Seven years later, it was re-released with the option of buying the first 40 LPs / fascicles at once, and I did it. Those are the records you are asking for. To my knowledge, the remaining 60 never saw the light again.

jawaka1000 likes this.
  21. My Record List is a Discogs-based website. You can enter any term related to a release in its search engine, and it will show you results taken from the Discogs database. You can also import your collection's csv file generated by Discogs into My Record List. I just prefer the overall look and feel of My Record List over Discogs' when sharing my collection ( specially statistics: https://myrecordlist.com/alvabass#blank|page/stats//?user=alvabass ).

btltez likes this.
  22. Airbus

Airbus Forum Resident

Mainly CDs,

[​IMG]

Johnny Vinyl, ispace, Jerjo and 3 others like this.
  23. Airbus

Airbus Forum Resident

And some of the LPs, on the other system.

[​IMG]

Johnny Vinyl, ispace, Jerjo and 2 others like this.
  24. Loup

Loup Ancient Wool Unraveller

I have a pair of those IKEA desk lamps also. I love ‘em!

25. btltez

btltez Forum Resident

Yeah I like how it looks! Gonna try it out thanks for sharing!

Hail Vinyl! likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.