Sierra Records "END OF AN ERA SALE" ("Half Price On The Entire Sierra Records Mail Order Catalog")

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by KeithH, Nov 30, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hutlock

hutlock Forever Breathing

I have no frustration at all. I didn't order anything from this guy. I didn't order anything because I don't like the way he does business. Its got nothing to do with you.

No one lashed out at you either. I disagreed with you, very politely in fact. You want to make it into something it isn't, be my guest.

2. lightbulb

lightbulb Not the Brightest of the Bunch

Understood, thanks for clarifying - I read your response with a certain intonation, so I “heard frustration” -

I guess reading your responses, with your assumption that you’re speaking for “many” here, caught me off guard.

Good to hear there’s no “lashing” -
    I respect your right to disagree with me.
    (I’ve actually amended my prior post, too, but did not delete it.)
    :cheers:

RobCos02330, CraigVC and hutlock like this.
  3. clhboa

clhboa Forum Resident

My order came today. I wasn't too worried about it not showing up. I realize John has serious health issues. Figured it might take a while.

Correction: Part of my order came today. They are waiting for a repress on the Gene Clark sacd. A note was included explaining (and apologizing) for this.

lightbulb likes this.
  4. RobCos02330

RobCos02330 Forum Resident

Just received a shipping notice. Actually it was a “re-ship” notice which was weird but shipped nonetheless!

5. CraigVC

CraigVC Senior Member

My shipment that arrived last week was also a "re-ship" according to the email with the tracking number. I assume that was an error.

lightbulb likes this.
  6. RobCos02330

RobCos02330 Forum Resident

I think so too. He must’ve clicked the wrong choice on whatever software he uses. Either way, all good!

lightbulb likes this.
  7. Well, shiver my timbers, I had an email yesterday querying my credit card cash back. I said I promised to lift that as soon as the goods ordered arrived safely. Which I gave my word of honour that I will do. I did say that I wish he had replied to my two emails because I wouldn't have gone down the cash back route if he had done so.

Well, bugger me, I got a dispatch email today 46 days after my order was processed.

lightbulb likes this.
  8. lightbulb

lightbulb Not the Brightest of the Bunch

That’s Good News (although, yes, belated...) !

I just hope for your sake, that your email correspondence to Delgatto is understood when you state you’ll “lift” your “credit card cash back”.

Which I assume means that after receipt of goods, you’ll inform your bank/credit card company to allow the credit card charge by Sierra Records to proceed.
    (Sorry to ask, I’m just not familiar with the exact terminology you used.)

If he does ship your order, based upon your word of honour, that’s great!

After dealing with him in the past, that’s something that I wouldn’t be surprised to hear him to accommodate, without much hesitation.

Thinking about it -
    In 2018, I don’t know of any other mail order businesses that would even consider it.

9. Well, the good news: the majority of my Ultimate Limited Edition Gene Clark Box Set has turned up today i.e. the Vinyl Set and the main 24 track CD.

The bad news; there are 2 CDs and a DVD missing!

I have emailed him to let him know. I just hope he can put those missing items in the post and he can get paid and I can forget about this whole rather sorry affair.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2018
  10. Just like to report John Delgatto at Sierra Records got it all sorted in the end. Well pleased it all ended happily. Have instructed my credit card that I have finally received all the goods.

Thanks to you guys for you advice and support.

Hep Alien, clhboa, Fox67 and 2 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.