Signed McCartney CD

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by Hawkeye1980, Feb 28, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hawkeye1980

Hawkeye1980 New Member Thread Starter

Hi There,

I have a CD signed by McCartney (Beatles Number 1’s album), and I cant find anywhere to sell it (eBay takes it down, as I don’t have a CoA). Can anyone on here suggest someone who could authenticate it?
    I’d really like to sell this, as I’ve had it for over 10 years now.
    Any help greatly appreciated.

Cheers

2. Christian Hill

Christian Hill It's all in the mind

The Beatles Autographs - Presented by Frank Caiazzo

Frank Caiazzo is respected in this field (I have no affiliation with him)

"What sets Beatles Autographs apart from other autograph dealers? I specialize ONLY in material that has been signed or handwritten by The Beatles.

Each item is accompanied by a Letter of Authenticity and unconditionally guaranteed forever to be an authentic handwriting example of John Lennon, Paul McCartney, George Harrison or Ringo Starr. Be sure to check back often as we update our website on a consistent basis."

3. Hawkeye1980

Hi Christian,

Thanks for the reply! Though oddly the front page of the website has testimonials of people suggesting he’s the best at authenticating, but also a disclaimer saying he doesn’t authenticate anything! Very odd!

Christian Hill likes this.
  4. Christian Hill

When it comes to signatures, especially The Beatles (the most forged signatures out there), even the most respected authenticators have been duped. The best situation is to have indisputable provenance. If you got the autograph in person that would be best, a photograph of the person actually signing the item would be second best. Aside from that you can never be 100% sure no matter who "authenticates" it, including Mr. Caiazzo.

5. Hawkeye1980

Hi Christian,

Thanks for that. I did get it in person, but it was over a decade ago, and I didn’t take a picture (it was in a club and I only had one of those old Nokias!) He did moan that the record company doesn’t like him signing stuff, but signed it anyway. Ah well, looks like I’m just stuck with it then. Thanks for your help, though!

6. Combination

Combination Forum Resident

But wouldn't there be someone in London who could issue you a COA? You did get it signed in person, after all...

7. Christian Hill

COA's are practically worthless anyone can make one up and sign it. It's better to have one than not though as potential buyers will attach some credulity to it. If the previous owner is willing to sign a letter and have it notarized that would be even better.

8. Combination

Combination Forum Resident

I've just never heard of ebay taking an auction away without a COA, so that's news to me.

9. somnar

somnar Senior Member

Might be worth reaching out to Tracks.co.uk - they seem to be the most trusted source for Beatles autographs these days.

Hawkeye1980 likes this.
  10. Hawkeye1980

Hi Christian,

Thanks for that. I did get it in person, but it was over a decade ago, and I didn’t take a picture (it was in a club and I only had one of those old Nokias!) He did moan that the record company doesn’t like him signing stuff, but signed it anyway. (I’ve since learnt from a friend who works for his company
    Hiya,

Yeah, they’ve done it a couple of times - and suspended my account for a couple of days. It’s absolute nonsense.

11. Hawkeye1980

Yeah, I think some people do. Also like I said - eBay just don’t seem to want me to lost it without one! I’ve emailed places before and her nothing back. I’be emailed another place - Autografica - and I’ll check Tracks out! Thanks all for the tips!

12. Veech

Veech Space In Sounds

Contact Perry Cox, he may be able to help.

13. Utopia is here

Utopia is here New Member

I wouldn't feel to bad about meeting Paul I have only known one person from a radio station that had his picture taken with him! ( he didn't even get his autograph because he wasn't even allowed to ask for one) If money can be faked so they have to put haolgrams on bills it would be hard to authenticate a signature of someone that famous. How could you even get what it would be worth because that would be quite valuable I'm sure in the thousands of dollars range. The person I know said they wanted all kinds of information before he could get to meet him and that was arranged with his radio credentials. Buddy Guy sells his autographs online with certified documentation and I got him to autograph one in person but don't plan on selling any of them. Lots of musicians are doing meet and greets where you get an autograph and you picture taken with them along with VIP seating. Unfortunately with John being killed and some tried to kill George as well it would be almost a impossible to ever meet Paul again that's for sure. I've got to meet some famous people and feel very lucky that it even happened most people never get the opportunity ( I met Steven Tyler, Buddy Guy, Todd Rundgren and his band but never had my picture taken because I'm a photographer and got lucky to get press credentials) If you get a press pass your not allowed to ask for autographs or they pull your credentials believe it or not. You can probably sell your item but you won't get what it's worth without any proof unfortunately even if you could.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2019
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.