Sinatra 100 Campaign

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Bob F, Feb 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tribute

Tribute Senior Member

I'd rather get a clean early pressing with an unscuffed cover. Something that is "of its time" has special significance.

Christopher B likes this.
  2. Tommyboy

Tommyboy Senior Member

They’re hard to find and I’m just getting into Sinatra. I’m fine with the reissues and the MoFi box. I have no desire to start tracking down originals that are costly and most likely overgraded

3. Tribute

Tribute Senior Member

There are many in garage sales and estate sales, usually for $1. Don't go out looking for it. You'll come across one. It was a popular record.

4. aoxomoxoa

aoxomoxoa I'm an ear sitting in the sky

Why don’t you just sell him one then ?

Beaneydave and CBackley like this.
  5. Richard--W

Richard--W Forum Resident

One commiserates. Get well and stay well frankfan1.

Beaneydave and aoxomoxoa like this.
  6. Tribute

Tribute Senior Member

You must understand back-ups, because we all become clumsier with time.

Richard--W, Beaneydave and CBackley like this.
  7. Joel S

Joel S Forum Resident

Passion in this hobby is a must! No offense taken.

Tommyboy likes this.
  8. CBackley

CBackley Chairman of the Bored

For two reasons: (1) I like having a spare and (2) I’m a jerk.

9. Tommyboy

Tommyboy Senior Member

:laugh:

CBackley likes this.
  10. MMM

MMM Forum Hall Of Fame

Oh God...I hope you're feeling better sooner than later. Be well...

11. ssmith3046

ssmith3046 Forum Resident

The In The Wee Small Hours album that was released as part of the Sinatra 100 celebration was delivered yesterday and I was able to give it a listen this morning. I usually clean all my new records but was a anxious to listen to this one and pleased to find the record in a lined sleeve, clean, and flat. What a great sounding release. I'm very happy with reissue and would highly recommend it.

12. henryjg

henryjg Forum Resident

Are the UK vinyl releases still available--the ones that come with a download? I tried looking on Amazon UK for Come Fly with Me and This Is Sinatra, Volume Two, but I couldn't find listings I was sure about.

13. JeffreyB

JeffreyB Senior Member

Is the UK Vinyl just an import of the US Capitol releases from 2014?

14. henryjg

henryjg Forum Resident

I read in this thread (or somewhere else on the Forum) that the UK vinyl is the same as the US except they also come with a download.

15. JeffreyB

JeffreyB Senior Member

I have both, from Amazon US, but I can't remember if they had the codes, so I'll have to check. Come Fly With Me was 2014 and This Is Sinatra vol.2 was 2016.

16. Bob F

Bob F Senior Member Thread Starter

Still available in the UK. Amazon UK links are in this post at the Sinatra Family Forum:

Universal Music Group re-releases - Page 28: UK Vinyl Releases
    Correct.

Daveymoore, paulmock and ZippyPippy like this.
  17. Bob F

The download codes are not contained in the US versions, although the packaging is otherwise identical. However, the codes will work in the US, if purchased from the UK or EU.

18. JeffreyB

JeffreyB Senior Member

Yes, I checked mine and no download codes. The Amazon US listing for Vol. 2 still claims it has a code. :( Come Fly With Me does not make that claim. :)

19. Bob F

I don’t see such a claim for This Is Sinatra, Volume Two, but note: There are TWO different kinds of downloads.

Amazon sometimes offers a free “MP3 Auto-Rip” option, which provides some random album download (not necessarily from the actual LP being purchased).

The download codes we’re talking about are from Universal Music via a voucher card in the sleeve. They are independent of Amazon and are claimed at UMG’s website in the EU. Note the front sticker on UK/EU albums (which differs from that of the US/Canada versions which do not offer a voucher):

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 6, 2019
  20. henryjg

henryjg Forum Resident

Bob F likes this.
  21. JeffreyB

JeffreyB Senior Member

I do understand the difference. The download code message is in the editorial reviews section, if you scroll down a bit. Not a big deal to me, but I just happened to notice it. Thanks, Bob! :tiphat:

CBackley and Bob F like this.
  22. Jason W

Jason W Forum Resident

Does anyone know if the Eagle Rock DVDs are the same as the earlier Shout Factory DVDs, just repackaged?

23. Luvtemps

Luvtemps Forum Resident

Just saw this post,I recently added some[Sinatra]to a cassette series -Summer Winds,Wandering,Cheek To Cheek,Come Dance With Me.

24. mikemoon

mikemoon Forum Resident

So it appears that the overall consensus with this 100 vinyl series is favorable?

Also all the albums are cut from digital? Which is fine if the SQ is good.

Somehow I missed this series or thought it was the same as the one from around 2009 that wasn't so favorable. Did Ron McMaster cut these as well?

I notice that Amazon doesn't have many of the titles in stock. Are these out of print or is it likely just due to manufacturing backups?

I appreciate any feedback, I was doing searching in the thread before posting.

25. Bob F

I think most are still available from third-party sellers, if not direct from Amazon. The complete list may be found here at Sinatra Family Forum:

(Click the blue title links for Amazon availability.)

[​IMG]

CBackley, mikemoon and teag like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.