Sinatra 100 Campaign

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Bob F, Feb 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kennyluc1

kennyluc1 Frank Sinatra collector

She has always been so youthful to me, but, yeah, your right.
    I still love how she revere's her father.

2. JimSav

JimSav Well-Known Member

Oh, while there's no question she's aged, I think she's got plenty of her father's brand of gutsy energy. I give her a lot of credit for being one of the first to really embrace the internet as a means of communication and messaging. And her Twitter account is often very entertaining.

kennyluc1 likes this.
  3. DLant

DLant The Upstate Gort Staff

Bob F likes this.
  4. Bob F

Bob F Senior Member Thread Starter

5. Beaneydave

Beaneydave Forum Resident

6. Bob F

MMM likes this.
  7. Bob F

Tribeca Film Festival to Honor Frank Sinatra with 'On the Town' Screening, Tony Bennett Performance

MMM likes this.
  8. JimSav

JimSav Well-Known Member

9. bluesbro

bluesbro Forum Hall of Shame

DmitriKaramazov likes this.
  10. I love that "The World We Knew" has been included. I always loved that song and think it is very underrated.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2015
    MMM and Beaneydave like this.
  11. colormesinatra

colormesinatra Forum Resident

I caved and am buying a ticket to this! I will report back!

On The Town is one of my all time favorites and really needed a nice restoration. I cant wait! Seeing Tony perform is a bonus! I will also see High Society the following week.

kennyluc1 and DmitriKaramazov like this.
  12. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

wish I could be there!

13. paulmock

paulmock Forum Resident

:pineapple:I AM SO PSYCHED!!!! I just bought an orchestra section seat to see Frank Jr. once again perform "Sinatra Sings Sinatra" at the intimate Saban Theatre in Beverly Hills ... GET THIS... on Saturday December 12, 2015!!! The official FS 100 Birthday Bash!!!!

I was pondering how I would spend this special centennial day celebrating the life of the person most influential in my life. I now have my answer and I could not be happier!!!!!:goodie:

14. MMM

MMM Forum Hall Of Fame

Toast getting a ticket with your favorite drink in a vintage Capitol Melrose paper cup. ;)

Congrats, Paul. :cheers:

15. paulmock

paulmock Forum Resident

I may just take a paper cup to the concert! Thanks, Martin. That will wind up being a late birthday/early Christmas present for me...along with whatever else is coming down the pike between now and Christmas.

DLant, MMM and Bob Belvedere like this.
  16. Bob Belvedere

Bob Belvedere Forum Resident

THE PLACE: The Saban Theatre

THE TIME: December 12th, 2015

FRANK JR: Hey!...what's that I see out in the audience? Fellas, can you put up the house lights?.......Why, is that the good turtle soup...or merely the Paul Mock?

paulmock likes this.
  17. paulmock

paulmock Forum Resident

Very cute,Bob! He should be able to see me.

Bob Belvedere likes this.
  18. colormesinatra

colormesinatra Forum Resident

For the life of me, i cannot find a website to purchase the tickets to see High Society this coming Friday. Can anyone help? The Battery Park Regal Stadium 11 where it is being shown does not have any show times for the this entire week.

19. MLutthans

MLutthans That's my spaghetti, Chewbacca! Staff

Many theatres only list the current Friday-through-Thursday cycle until the next week is 100% "booked in stone." I'm guessing that if you were to go in in person, you can buy tix now. (I've bought shows on-site weeks in advance, but that also was a few years ago, so things may have changed.)

colormesinatra likes this.
  20. wave

wave Forum Resident

Huge letdown. At least it was free.

BTW, nice avatar, wave.

MLutthans likes this.
  21. wave

wave Forum Resident

Thanks.

22. MLutthans

MLutthans That's my spaghetti, Chewbacca! Staff

Glad to see I'm not the only one who has monologues around here. :agree::laugh:

Bob Belvedere and wave like this.
  23. Jack White

Jack White Senior Member

Farrow has a vicious, vengeful streak when it comes to Allen. [For me, it was one of those breakups where I find both parties detestable.] And her remarks suggesting that Sinatra was her son's father were motivated solely to hurt and embarrass Allen, rather than revealing the truth. She's still angry with Allen and she lied about him.

Ronan [actually Satchel] Farrow was born in December 1987. Frank would have been 71 when he was conceived - not hypothetically, absolutely impossible, but extremely, very unlikely - but pretty much absolutely impossible when you consider he had a vasctomy years before [most likely to prevent any paternity claims and lawsuits for child support]. I find it hard to believe that 20 years after their divorce a 71 year old Sinatra had a booty call with Mia one night while married to the ever watchful Barbara - and no-one ever knew about it until 16 years after his death she casually mentions it. A simple DNA test would settle the issue, but I don't expect that to ever happen.

As to any inherited resemblance, Ronan's physical characteristics have always looked far more like his mother [eerily so] than Allen or Sinatra. In one of the quoted interviews above, I believe one of Sinatra daughters said he looks exactly like Mia Farrow's late brother.

wave likes this.
  24. wave

wave Forum Resident

25. Bob F

Why are people still debating this? Ronan looks like Mia. Mia was "putting on" the journalist who asked the question. Aren't there enough jucier lies to sell magazines during the Sinatra Centennial?

GJC and Bob Belvedere like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.