1. This day in history: January 12, 2002. 9:49 AM, California time. The Steve Hoffman Music Forums officially launched with this thread. Thank you for 20 years of music, discussion, and great memories! Join our "Thank You!" thread, and we'll see you in the forum!
    Dismiss Notice

Sinatra / Capitol Sound Quality and General Discussion: "Nice 'n' Easy" - 1960*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by MLutthans, Jun 19, 2010.

1. Pontus Nilsson

Pontus Nilsson Active Member

Yesterday I bought a copy of "Where Are You" 1984 Dutch DMM that reads stereo on cover and labels but is actually mono. Posted in the "Where Are You" thread: Sinatra / Capitol Sound Quality and General Discussion: "Where Are You?" (1957 album)*

paulmock, rangerjohn and MLutthans like this.
  2. MLutthans

MLutthans That's my spaghetti, Chewbacca! Staff Thread Starter

The oddness around those 1984 Dutch DMM LPs continues to intrigue me! I'd love to know the story there....why mono AND stereo releases, with identical packaging and the same catalog number on each? So odd.

3. Pontus Nilsson

Pontus Nilsson Active Member

Truly. Do you know if all these DMM mono versions are from their respective original mono source (in a digital remaster), or if some are technical errors that created "false" mono from the stereo tapes?

4. MLutthans

MLutthans That's my spaghetti, Chewbacca! Staff Thread Starter

I think that I have heard all of them (not including this new discovery), and they are all legitimate mono mixes, not fold-downs.

roda12 and rangerjohn like this.