Sinatra Columbia Years - Song variations

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by bcdma.bb, Jun 11, 2020.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bcdma.bb

bcdma.bb New Member Thread Starter

I'm a reasonably new Sinatra fan and a little while back I acquired the Columbia Years box set. I ripped the CDs on to my PC and started tagging them as they were originally released on LP or 78. Now I think I have read that the versions on the box set aren't always the original versions that appeared on LP or 78. I am okay with that even though it isn't 100% authentic as I'm sure it is hard to track down the 'authentic' versions.

My main query, however, is regarding the songs with multiple versions on the box set. Is there somewhere that lists which version was originally released on LP, 78 or if it is previously unreleased etc.? So for example there are three versions of "The Music Stopped" - which version (if any) appeared on the original LP, which was released on 78 and so on? Any guidance on this would be much appreciated as I'm trying to get as complete a Sinatra discography (original albums and singles) as possible :)

2. Bob F

Bob F Senior Member

Sorry to have missed this post at first…

The sessionography at the Sinatra Family Forum should answer your question.
    Try this link:

Frank Sinatra Sessionography : The Columbia Years 1943-1952: The Complete Recordings

bcdma.bb likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.