Single best TV show. (One show only) That you have ever seen.

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by thestereofan, May 16, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bender Rodriguez

Bender Rodriguez RIP Exene, best dog ever. 2005-2016

Seinfeld - "The Opposite"

2. JerolW

JerolW Senior Member

As God is my witness, I thought turkeys could fly.

jerol

pscreed, SomeCallMeTim, dsdu and 21 others like this.
  3. Wildest cat from montana

Wildest cat from montana Humble Reader

Funniest show ever? Yes.

4. TakiJones

TakiJones Senior Member

Star Trek " City on the Edge of Forever"

5. EddieMann

EddieMann I used to be a king...

There is a Hill Street Blues episode entitled Trial By Fury. It was devastating the first time I watched it, and must remain so in my memory as it’s the first thing that came to mind.

beccabear67 and Juggsnelson like this.
  6. hbbfam

hbbfam Forum Resident

The Sopranos, which I think is far and away the best series of all time, there were two that really stand out:

End of season two, Funhouse (The scene with Big ***** as a fish!).
    End of season four, Whitecaps, with some amazing acting by Gandolfini and Falco.

And for sitcoms, its hard to beat MTM's Chuckles episode, and Honeymooners Chef of the future (does it core a apple?).

7. Hadean75

Hadean75 Forum Moonlighter

I have many favorites from many shows lol. :laugh:

However, the first episode that immediately sprang to mind was:

The Orville
    Season 1, Episode 4
    If the Stars Should Appear

[​IMG]

I'm only a fan of the first season, but the first time I saw this episode, I just got sucked into the story.

8. George Co-Stanza

George Co-Stanza Forum Resident

Great pick! There are a handful or so of Seinfeld episodes I feel are better than The Contest, and the Opposite is one of them. Others would include:

The Junior Mint
    The Bubble Boy
    The Implant
    The Jimmy
    The Yada Yada
    The Raincoats

Bender Rodriguez likes this.
  9. Monosterio

Monosterio Forum Resident

You know, I used to think Seinfeld peaked in its fourth season and then slowly went downhill. But looking over the next year’s episodes, I have to say season 5 was just as good: “The Puffy Shirt,” “The Masseuse,” “The Cigar Store Indian,” “The Marine Biologist,” “The Pie,” “The Hamptons” and, finally, perhaps the best of them: the season closer, “The Opposite.” What a show!

10. George Co-Stanza

The consistency in Seasons 4, 5 and 6 was amazing. Nearly every episode over that 3-season run was (at the very least) great, and the vast majority were awesomely hysterical. Season 7 was close to as good as those, but that is when a few clunkers started to seep in (The Friars Club and The Bottle Deposit). The consistency kinda left with Larry David after Season 7, but the last two seasons still had plenty of laughs and some of their all-time greats (The Yada Yada, The Muffin Tops).

11. Timeless Classics

Timeless Classics Senior Member

Lots of episodes from the Wonder Years, Everybody Loves Raymond, Frasier, Seinfeld, and many others. But always loved the Cheers Thanksgiving episode.

12. George Co-Stanza

Hell yeah! If I had to pick a Cheers episode, it might be that one. Odds are I would go with Dinner at Eight-ish first (I have seen that one more than I can count and still laugh like crazy every time), but the Thanksgiving one, Woody's Wedding and Simon Says (featuring Jon Cleese) would all get strong consideration as well. :)

13. Timeless Classics

Timeless Classics Senior Member

So many great options.... But if I had to pick my favorite Seinfeld episode, I'd go with "The Library" or "The Bris". Bookman the Library cop, and shaky the mohel with the pigman segments are my favorites. Crack me up every time.

14. Monosterio

One of my favorites from the last couple of years is “The Comeback,” which I know as “The Jerk Store.” That scene where the guy tells George “His wife is in a coma” just busts me up every time... :D

We should seriously consider doing a thread on our favorite Seinfeld episodes. I think it’s been more than 10 years since the last one.

daca, Frozensoda and George Co-Stanza like this.
  15. George Co-Stanza

So many good ones. Bookman was so funny that he got Jerry Seinfeld to laugh for real in that scene, resulting in the improvised line, "Sure, go ahead and laugh if you want."

Sounds good to me. Start it up and I will go hog wild. :)

Frozensoda likes this.
  16. Monosterio

I always liked the freaky standalone episodes of The X-Files a lot more than the alien-mythology ones. “Home” was definitely among the very best of them. :righton:

Hallogallo and Dave Mac like this.
  17. Richard--W

Richard--W Forum Resident

Single best TV show. (One show only) That you have ever seen.

The Twilight Zone (1959-64).

I'm trying to pick out an episode but there are so many that are brilliant
    and memorable I can't make up my mind.

HaileyMcComet likes this.
  18. team2

team2 Forum Resident

Good choices with Moonlighting. "Funeral For A Door Nail" and "Big Man On Mulberry Street" are two more perfect episodes, IMO.

Steve Litos, timind and MPLRecords like this.
  19. thestereofan

thestereofan Senior Member Thread Starter

Come on, you can do it. TZ is like Rockford and Seinfeld. All are great but to you, one is best.

20. Derek Slazenger

Derek Slazenger Specs, rugs & rock n roll

I'm going to have to say the Hammer House Of Horror episode, 'Rude Awakening' :)

finslaw likes this.
  21. hbbfam

hbbfam Forum Resident

Just watched that episode. I had forgotten how good Hill Street was. Acting, writing. No nice and tidy wrap up either. And 49 min of TV in a one hour show. The good old days.

Juggsnelson and EddieMann like this.
  22. Big Jimbo

Big Jimbo Forum Resident

“Combat!” A two part episode “Hills are for Heroes” where Lt Hanley and King company have to destroy two German pillboxes on hills where the road runs between them

23. Gramps Tom

Gramps Tom Forum Resident

AMEN! The episode is titled "Two Cathedrals". The scene you quote is Mrs. Landingham's funeral. I considered this West Wing episode for my nomination, but settled on:

"Take This Sabbath Day". President Bartlett wrestling with Capital Punishment issues, Josh suffers a hangover for the ages as he meets Joey Lucas for the first time, and most everyone tries to balance their faith with what they need to do concerning Capital Punishment. Karl Malden is awesome as President Bartlett's boyhood priest as he commands the Oval Office during his counsel / advisory session. Extremely powerfeul episode. Numerous West Wing would make the cut as my favorite TV episode. One thing for sure, West Wing will forever by my personal favorite series.....

carrick doone likes this.
  24. Gramps Tom

Gramps Tom Forum Resident

Tied for #1 for me: The Newsroom (also created by Aaron Sorkin) debut episode because:

Also the entire 3-season series.

25. jonwoody

jonwoody Tragically Unhip

The Wire Season 1 Episode 9 Game Day.

jlocke08 and Henryflowr like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.