Siouxsie & The Banshees vinyl reissues 2018*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by jimod99, Jan 27, 2017.

1. latheofheaven

latheofheaven My Pants are FULLY Analog...

WHOOPS! Heh... some help I am... [​IMG] Thanks mate! As much as I frigg'n LOVE Siouxsie, it honestly has been a while since I've actually sat down and listened to her stuff...

2. Black Magic Woman

Black Magic Woman Forum Resident

Thank you for your replies. I started with Juju and it is blowing my mind. Where have I been all these years?! This album is amazing, I can’t describe it. Just perfect.
    I’ll continue later with the recommended above :)

GrimRecords, Ben Adams, Rne and 3 others like this.
  3. latheofheaven

Good for you mate! Well, I'm probably somewhat biased here, but compared to a LOT of what's coming out in the 'mainstream' today, it's absolutely NO wonder at all that something of real creative quality would indeed 'Blow your mind' :D

Black Magic Woman likes this.
  4. Neonbeam

Neonbeam All Art Was Once Contemporary

If only things were that easy! :evil:

Mathew and Ben Adams like this.
  5. Turntable

Turntable Senior Member

you inspired me to get Superstition out, give it a clean and a spin. Has not dated at all. still an excellent album :agree:

Agree Juju is their masterpiece, but Kaleidoscope is very close. Not a bad album has Miss Siouxsie made.

[​IMG]

6. Flaming Torch

Flaming Torch Forum Resident

Apologies for not reading the entire thread. I only really go up to the first 2 albums and the various singles featuring the same lineup after which I kind of stopped following the band. Just checked Discogs and at this point The Scream and Join Hands have only recently been released as a picture disc (Scream) and RSD alternate cover 2015 (Join Hands). I have the Join Hands but would certainly buy both albums again on new vinyl should they get a release.

latheofheaven likes this.
  7. Rne

Rne weltschmerz

The Kaleisdoscope/Juju/Dreamhouse period is pure gold. I like all of their albums, but those three features the band at their very best.

8. JeffMo

JeffMo Format Agnostic

Link: Mcgeoch!

9. Rne

Rne weltschmerz

Right on, the best guitar player the band ever had.

SteveCooks and JeffMo like this.
  10. latheofheaven

Heh... Yeah, I THINK that that was what I was kind of trying to say... :)

11. latheofheaven

Fully agree... One of the VERY few bands in my lowly and wretched opinion where they never put out a 'bad' album. Different styles somewhat, but I feel with well constructed and engaging songs. I think Kaleidoscope hits in just about the center of their most accessible stuff...

Turntable likes this.
  12. JeffMo

JeffMo Format Agnostic

I will spin some Banshees this weekend after reading the posts in this thread!

13. jimod99

jimod99 Daddy or chips? Thread Starter

Severin has posted this on the Banshees fan FB page........mind you we have heard it all before!

Siouxsie (The Banshees & Other Creatures)

Looks like Ever After isn't going to be a box set.

So I have been told...
    VINYL
    AUGUST 2018 - Tinderbox/Join Hands/ju ju/Through the Looking Glass
    OCTOBER 2018 - The Scream/A Kiss in the Dreamhouse/Superstition
    DECEMBER 2018 - Kaleidoscope/The Rapture/Hyaena/Peepshow...
    FEBRUARY 2019 - Once/Twice/Nocturne

APRIL 2019 Possible Record Store Day release.

SUMMER 2019 EverAfter (The Videos)

Gold vinyl ju ju limited to 1000 copies available from HMV shops only - Saturday 16 June.

14. Scott Davies

Scott Davies Forum Resident

I think I do want that JuJu gold LP but I'm preparing for the crazy eBay prices next Saturday. I've read it's only one per customer in store so that's going to make eBay flipping even more challenging. As far as all the other releases go, it sounds all too familiar from recent years, so my skepticism is warranted. But I'm still wondering if I need to buy all of the LP's yet again just because they are my favorite band. But geez, the videos are not even coming until a year from now? They were supposed to be out two years ago as part of the apparently now discarded All Singles box set.

15. Exit Flagger

Exit Flagger Forum Resident

Looking forward to the Juju reissue. I don't care about the gold vinyl, just want a decent mastering. Will the new version come with the bonus 7"?

16. jimod99

In my experience a lot of the HMV "Special Editions" don't sell out on the day and many are available long after the event if you are in the UK. I'll ask my sister to pick me up a copy if she can and I'll get it when I'm back in Scotland in the summer. I've got an original Polydor and a PVC with the Israel 7" so I'm not going to lose any sleep if I don't get it.

17. jimod99

It was only the US issue on PVC that had a 7", the original Polydor release never had it.

I'm interested in what they do with The Rapture as it is too long for a single album and the Geffen lp suffers badly because of that, particularly the clear vinyl version.

latheofheaven, Neonbeam and tin ears like this.
  18. Exit Flagger

Oh, okay. Thanks. Crossing my fingers this sounds good. Juju seems to be the most expensive LP from their "golden era." Here in the U.S. it is not easy to find used copies of any of their albums. I have bought all the ones I have come across save one which I instantly regretted.

19. Mathew

Mathew Forum Resident

This is the umpteenth time a release schedule has been announced for Banshees vinyl reissues.

I don't even believe it anymore, and frankly, I have started to suspect Steven Severin has been trolling fans all along with his talk of vinyl, box sets, single edits, ect... I hope to be wrong, as new banshees vinyl - especially Kaleidoscope, Tinderbox, and Superstition - has pretty much reached holy-grail status for me.

20. JeffMo

JeffMo Format Agnostic

HMV only release? Are there even any HMV retail stores outside of UK?

How does Severin explain that to his fanboy Facebook flock?

21. jimod99

There are no HMV Stores outside the UK, the release is part of HMV's Vinyl Week hmv Vinyl Week 2018: full list of exclusives titles revealed! | hmv.com which they have had leading up to Fathers Day in the last few years.

22. Neonbeam

Neonbeam All Art Was Once Contemporary

What's wrong with the 1981 mastering?????

The "clear" is fluorescent glow-in-the-dark vinyl which is actually pretty cool. Even though it's a bit of a mystery why they did this with a late period Siouxsie album.

I'd probably buy a double vinyl edition of "The Rapture" but to be honest I don't see "them" putting that much effort into this project. Even though this is the most expensive original album....

23. Exit Flagger

I wouldn't know - never seen a copy in person. Not exactly knee deep in vintage Banshees vinyl here in the U.S.

c-eling likes this.
  24. JeffMo

JeffMo Format Agnostic

c-eling likes this.
  25. c-eling

c-eling Dinner's In The Microwave Sweety

No kidding. Out in the wild just 1 title back in the early 90's, even then it had a hefty price tag on it.