Sir Paul's Driving Rain ticket prices!

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by syogusr, Mar 7, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. syogusr

syogusr New Member Thread Starter

I would like some feedback on what others think of Paul McCartney's tickets are going for on his current tour.
    Myself, I am outraged to say the least. I will not pay these prices for anyone that has the kind of money he has. He is currently the wealthest entertainer in the world, and ranks in as one of the top 30 richest people period!
    Don't get me wrong, I will be the first to admit he is worth it, but when U2 can cap prices, and The Who are doing the same(the highest price where I will see them is $130, I think Paul can also follow along, if not give the damn concert for free!
    Any thoughts!
    By the way, if you haven't heard, I have heard prices going for up to $325. Yes, I know, Barbra Streisand and Frank Sinatra would do the same, but they are not rock-and-roll entertainers.:mad:

2. Paul L.

Paul L. New Member

In Cleveland, Paul's prices are $274, $149, and $96.

Does seem a might steep, but he's not forcing anybody to go.

I hate stadium/big arena shows anyway, so I wouldn't go if it were free. I just wouldn't enjoy it.

3. Rspaight

Rspaight New Member

We'll see how the tickets sell. If he sells out the venues he's playing, then the price wasn't too high. :)

I'd argue that McCartney is the Sinatra of the concert-going baby-boom generation, and is priced accordingly.

Ryan

4. Sam

Sam Senior Member

What's sad here is that my four boys, ages twelve to five, love the Beatles. They would die to see Paul. But sadly, I cannot afford to spend over $700 in order for my family to go to one concert. This will be hard to explain to my sons.

"Born a poor young country boy, Mother Nature's son"

5. lennonfan

lennonfan New Member

prices start @ $50, so it's not like there isn't an alternative to $250 seats. His prices are typical going rate for top of the line entertainers....it's going to be an unforgetable rockout, so I wouldn't miss it...and I encourage all those that love paul to go to this show when it hits your area....you'll never forget it!

6. MagicAlex

MagicAlex Gort Emeritus

lennonfan...where can I get the tour info? It'll be an awesome show no doubt. I haven't seen Paul since 1976.

7. spotlightkid

spotlightkid Senior Member

SAM-go to the event night of the show ask as many people as you can if they have extra tickets.if you do this you may be able to get into the show below face value.i have attended many concerts where i got in real cheap.i saw bruce springsteen in 2000 and got a $75 for only $20.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.