Sky Arts and BBC TV- What's on Today**

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Bink, Sep 26, 2020.

1. stepeanut

stepeanut The gloves are off

This coming Friday, 28 May, at 22:30: Getting to Dylan: The Interview. Fascinating, uncomfortable, and occasionally hilarious 1987 episode in the Omnibus series. Worth seeing, if only to witness just how much of a dick Dylan could still be to the media, some 22 years after he ripped the Time magazine journalist a new one in Don’t Look Back.

2. serendipitydawg

serendipitydawg Dag nabbit!

Thanks ! Ever the optimist, I was hoping that someone would reply "I've got the XYZ123 & it's lasted for years and they can be had on Ebay for £50.

3. Eric_Generic

Eric_Generic Enigma

I always record the programme because I am rarely (if ever) able to watch live, and edit out the ads, before I watch it back at my leisure. Sky Arts do put a ridiculous number of breaks into their programmes. Maybe to encourage people to buy the DVD/Blu-Rays if they want to keep it.

EG.

Bink likes this.
  4. MikeMusic

MikeMusic Forum Resident

Tivo is your friend

carrolls likes this.
  5. MikeMusic

MikeMusic Forum Resident

Tivo old style available for peanuts

6. Purple Jim

Purple Jim Senior Member

Doesn't one have to pay a subscription to get Sky Arts?

7. Eric_Generic

Eric_Generic Enigma

No, it's now on Freeview. Sky Docs still requires a Sky subscription.

EG.

Purple Jim likes this.
  8. Purple Jim

Purple Jim Senior Member

Yes, a massive Dylan evening with Sings Dylan 2, Don't Look Back, that Omnibus interview and this:

Arena Season 2018 | Radio Times

A 1980 concert that hasn't been shown before!

Eric_Generic and Porkpie like this.
  9. Bink

Bink Forum Resident Thread Starter

Pretty sure it has been shown before - the BBC screened it when the Trouble No More edition of Bob's Bootleg Series was released a few years ago.

10. Eric_Generic

Eric_Generic Enigma

Cliff covered Dylan! Well I never.

KT Tunstall....what a talent :love:

EG.

11. Bink

I have just watched the Getting to Dylan interview. I see what you mean!! Uncomfortable and occasionally hilarious is a very good description.

Rob6899, Eric_Generic and stepeanut like this.
  12. stepeanut

stepeanut The gloves are off

Glad you enjoyed it. I rewatched it myself, last night, after the darts finished. It may have been trimmed by the BBC. I seem to recall a bit where the interviewer asked Dylan if he could have the portrait, and Bob refusing to give it to him. Or maybe I missed that bit; I was knackered last night, and I’d had a couple of glasses of wine by that stage.

The bit at the end, where he’s talking with the kids and posing for photos, shows the sweeter side of Bob’s personality. Outrageous hair on those two chicks, though.

Eric_Generic and Bink like this.
  13. Bink

It's been on before, but I am going to record Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds Live in Copenhagen tonight on Sky Arts. It's on quite late but as it's not a 'school night' I will stay up and block out the adverts!

14. Rob6899

Rob6899 Forum Resident

Watching it now. Thank god for Dylan, man's a bona fide genius, and interview's exactly how I'd expect him to.

Bink and stepeanut like this.
  15. arthurprecarious

arthurprecarious Forum Resident

This Friday on BBC4 there’s The Band “Once We Were Brothers”

Will there be more Robbie bashing? I hope not.

Purple Jim and Rob6899 like this.
  16. Eric_Generic

Eric_Generic Enigma

SkyArts are repeating their Suede programmes tonight...the Albert Hall comeback gig and the Insatiable Ones doc. The latter is one I was annoyed to forget about/miss the previous time! Not so bothered with gigs.

EG.

Bink likes this.
  17. Purple Jim

Purple Jim Senior Member

Followed by a Lenny Kaye special:
    Guitar, Drum and Bass Season 1 | Radio Times

18. Eric_Generic

Eric_Generic Enigma

Fortunately the Band doc is repeated a little later, as I didn't want to miss the Iron Maiden Classic Albums over on Sky Arts!

EG.

Man at C&A likes this.
  19. Man at C&A

Man at C&A Senior Member

You've got your priorities right!

20. Giant Hogweed

Giant Hogweed Senior Member

I've been enjoying those Channel 5 programs, they actually bring up some songs that I haven't thought about in aa long time

21. Eric_Generic

Eric_Generic Enigma

Oh I forgot about the C5 series tonight....I keep doing that. Thankfully there's +1 and a repeat over the weekend.

EG.

Porkpie likes this.
  22. Sevoflurane

Sevoflurane Forum Resident

Iron Maiden Somewhere Back in Time Tour on now! Pretty good (Sky Arts).

23. Bink

Although on BBC2, I thought it worth mentioning a new series of 'At the BBC' programmes.

On the last couple of Saturdays there has been some programmes focusing on performances at the BBC by a particularly artist. They have previously shown these sorts of programmes on BBC4. So far there has been an episode on Cher and another on Tina Turner. This Saturday's episode is Phil Collins.

I look forward to who we get in the future.

Eric_Generic likes this.
  24. Purple Jim

Purple Jim Senior Member

Deep Purple night on Sky Arts
    Boy George/Culture Club night on BBC4

Eric_Generic likes this.
  25. Eric_Generic

Eric_Generic Enigma

Also, 2nd in series of Singer-Songwriters at the BBC....two more 1991 TOTP episodes.....plus 1994 covered on C5's continuing series of "Britain's Favourite Hits".

There was quite a bit of Oasis-related stuff last night, too. Plus a "Blur v Oasis" doc tonight, I think.

Problem with these Oasis films is there have been a few now, and I can't remember which ones I've seen!

EG.