Sky Arts and BBC TV- What's on Today**

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Bink, Sep 26, 2020.

1. Bink

Bink Forum Resident Thread Starter

Looking forward to watching Carole King: Welcome To My Living Room on Sky Arts tonight - a concert film of her 2005 tour.

2. stepeanut

stepeanut The gloves are off

I saw that tour from the front row of the Saenger Theatre in New Orleans, LA. Wonderful night.

oxegen and Bink like this.
  3. AveryKG

AveryKG Sultan of snacks

I started watching the documentary on Sky Arts about Charles Mansion and his involvement in the L.A. music scene in the late sixties last night, but fell asleep well before the end. Maybe it'll be on again (at about one in the morning again, no doubt!).

Tim Bucknall and Rob6899 like this.
  4. joe1320

joe1320 Forum Resident

Next Friday BBC2 have a new documentary on Amy Winehouse also on BBC 4 the same night Back To Black classic album and a live show.

5. Rob6899

Rob6899 Forum Resident

Available to download now:
    MANSON:Music from an unsound mind.

Tim Bucknall and AveryKG like this.
  6. Rob6899

Rob6899 Forum Resident

Just watching The Who: Live at Kilburn on sky arts....usual brilliant mess.

7. Bink

I have that on dvd. It's a well filmed and entertaining show, even if they are not at their best.

The dvd also includes their 1969 show at the London Coliseum which by contrast is not filmed brilliantly but is more than made up by the fact that performance-wise they were at the top of their game.

Man at C&A, Tim Bucknall and Rob6899 like this.
  8. Rob6899

Rob6899 Forum Resident

Nice.

Tim Bucknall and Bink like this.
  9. AveryKG

AveryKG Sultan of snacks

Maybe this belongs in the Nash v Crosby feud thread, but I just turned on Joni Mitchell: 75th Birthday Tribute on SkyArts and who should be walking out on stage but Graham Nash. First thing he says: "Every song you hear tonight was written by Joni Mitchell... except this one". I'm saying nothing.

Tim Bucknall likes this.
  10. Quadboy

Quadboy Forum Resident

Caught some of the Sky Arts 'Come Together : Rise of the Festivals' a few days ago covering the '60's gatherings to still active today modern ones.
    Not enough archive Band footage, but lots of interesting interviews with relevant people/organisers.
    It's repeated today at 13.30 and will try and catch it all today.

Tim Bucknall likes this.
  11. smilin ed

smilin ed Senior Member

Terrific show, even if the sound wasn't synched that well. Saw it last night

Tim Bucknall and Bink like this.
  12. Bink

I recorded it so will catch up with it soon. I notice it is available on dvd (but not blu ray). I wonder if the sync issues are on the dvd too.

13. bobcat

bobcat Forum Resident

Got a link?

14. Rob6899

Rob6899 Forum Resident

On sky?

15. bobcat

bobcat Forum Resident

Anywhere...you said it was downloadable.

16. Rob6899

Rob6899 Forum Resident

Only on Sky (in the uk) as far as I can make out.

bobcat likes this.
  17. Mover

Mover Forum Resident

Can I just say that Sky Arts is brilliant and everything BBC4 should be but isn't. The music docs are brilliant, really enjoyed the festivals one shown yesterday but there are great programmes and concerts every week.

Man at C&A, idiot bastard and Rob6899 like this.
  18. MikaelaArsenault

MikaelaArsenault Forum Resident

Sky Arts

2:00 pm - Discovering Film - Judi Dench

4:00 pm - Music Icons - American Rock

4:30 pm - Video Killed The Radio Star

6:00 pm - Discovering Film - Bill Murray

19. Many Clouds

Many Clouds Forum Resident

Saw a load of stuff advertised on Saturday. When is the Ritchie Blackmore story on?

20. Purple Jim

Purple Jim Senior Member

This archive series is very refreshing after years and years of watching the same old BBC archives again and again. Watching it now.

Man at C&A, Jarra Lad and KAJ1971 like this.
  21. KAJ1971

KAJ1971 Ex-burger flipper/Sapper/book seller, Reg Nurse.

Saw it on a few weeks ago. Waiting for ep.4. It’s really good, bar him talking over ZZ Top once the guitar solo kicked in. Still, growing up in the 80’s, the song getting cut once the guitar kicks in, was something that happened all the time. Hello! The Chart Show!

Worth checking out.

Man at C&A and Porkpie like this.
  22. Bink

A couple of things of interest on Sky Arts today:

I know Video Killed The Radio Star is a long standing series about music videos. I have never watched it but as today's episode is focused on David Bowie I will give it a go.

There is also new documentary on about Chuck Berry.

23. Purple Jim

Purple Jim Senior Member

24. Duffy Shrimpton

Duffy Shrimpton Forum Resident

Watched “Market in Honey Lane” with me mum last night…Sheila Manahan was a WELL proper bit o crumpet so she was, lads!
    Mum fancies Ray Lonnen she done… the old bag got out on the bloody lash with the Monkey 47 and fell asleep out in the snug whilst I repaired ta the Arms for a proper pint and a bit of hash. Right as rain we was, mate, right as bloody rain!

25. Bink

I notice Sky Arts will be showing Lambert and Stamp in the early hours of Monday morning!

This is a documentary about The Who's managers Kit Lambert and Chris Stamp. I have always intended to buy the dvd.