Sly & the Family Stone remasters

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Dave Garrett, Sep 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Buzzz

Buzzz Forum Resident

2. joelee

joelee Hyperactive!

Unbelievable!
    Sony, please release that live album (and any video).

3. tages

tages Senior Member

There's also a fantastic complete show on video making the rounds from '69 - another outdoor thing in the middle of the day. Sly is just on fire and the band is amazing! They do the majority of the "Stand" album - before the drugs zapped Sly's energy and made him a completely different person. I read somewhere that it was a dose of PCP on New Years Eve that year that changed everything about him. He sure acted differently from that moment on. What a shame.

4. ognir rrats

ognir rrats Forum Resident

Does anyone know if Sly showed up at The Family Stone gig in Las Vegas over the weekend? If so, it's a nice sign. First, the Grammys, then, Anaheim, now Las Vegas?

5. Chris M

Chris M Senior Member In Memoriam

I would love to see that! I wish there was an official Sly DVD. I'd love to see the rest of the Woodstock set as well.

6. analog74

analog74 Forum Resident

i know what you mean. the '95 issues are more natural indeed. the Essential is much warmer of course but a tad processed sounding to me in that way. However, as long as Anesini is at the controls, i think it'll be worth it. I do also think with the 2cd comp, part of the reason for the sound is to give a somewhat balanced sound throughout the tracks. Especially given the sound of "Riot" alone. So one might think the approach to these new remasters will be for a truer sound.
    Regardless, i cannot WAIT for them! Sooo long overdue!

7. Chris M

The box is $49 at CD Universe. No way I can pass that deal up.

8. Mister Kite

Mister Kite Uncle Obscure

According to a post I saw on another board, Bet Buy will have the seven disc box set on sale for $49.99 during release week. Further, specially marked BB packages will come with an exclusive 8th disc (DVD) (no mention of content) minimum 2 per store/no rain checks. For that price, I am definitely in! :righton:

9. Chris M

Damn, maybe I'll cancel my CD Universe order then. Best Buy has it on their website for pre-order at $39. Do you have a link to the site that has the discussion about the exclusive DVD?

I wonder if you will get the DVD if you pre-order it in the Best Buy site?

10. Mister Kite

Here.

This guy is always right on the money, too. BTW, thanks for the heads up on the $39.99 online price. I just printed out the Web page and will use it when I pick up a copy on release day. I have never had a problem getting the store pricematch the BB Web site. This just makes a great deal even better! :goodie:

11. Chris M

Thanks, I didn't know they matched the price in the store. $39 for all 7 albums and a DVD (whatever it is) is a steal.

12. yesstiles

yesstiles Senior Member

But the website price won't still be $39.99 on release day though right? So why would the store match a pre-release price?

13. Mister Kite

This may be a YMMV type thing, but I have done this several times in the past and there has never been an issue. BB has a 30 day low price guarantee posted in their stores and since the box set comes out next week it is well within the guidelines of that 30 day pricing policy.

14. MikeT

MikeT Prior Forum Cretin and Current Impatient Creep

I just canceled my CDUniverse.com order and placed a website pre-order at BestBuy. I am saving money over the CDuniverse price and the website does say "Best Buy Exclusive" - so I assume I would get the extra dvd. Regarless, it is still less expensive than CDuniverse so I am in.

15. PMC7027

PMC7027 Forum Hall Of Fame

I just pre-ordered from bestbuy.com. The total, including shipping and tax was only $44.28.

16. ognir rrats

ognir rrats Forum Resident

Thanks everybody for the heads up for the Best Buy price and dvd exclusive!

17. Maurice

Maurice Senior Member

I just placed my order through Best Buy too! Can't beat six bucks & change for each album. Thanks for passing this along!!

18. JRF

JRF Forum Resident

Thank you, I just canx my amazon order and pre-ordered from BB.

19. stinsojd

stinsojd Senior Member

Does anyone know if the digipacks will be in the boxed set or is some other packaging used? I'm hopeful it would be like the Dylan SACD set and simply collect the individual digipacks together...

Jamie

20. jsayers

jsayers Just Drifting....

I'll pick this box/dvd set up at the BB across the street from work Tuesday, but I've gotta say - it's only a few days away and no artwork or bonus dvd content info is making me nervous!:(

21. surfingelectrode

surfingelectrode Active Member

Low-rez art from Amazon:

[​IMG]

22. jsayers

jsayers Just Drifting....

Hmmmm...:sigh:

23. El Bacho

El Bacho Forum Resident

Grrr... No delivery from BestBuy outside the US...

24. Big Al

Big Al Active Member

Hear hear! I know what I'm doing for lunch on Tuesday! :goodie:

25. deadcoldfish

deadcoldfish Senior Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.