Sneaky Pete - Amazon Prime

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Thomas D, Jan 14, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fabre

fabre Forum Resident

I liked season 3 better than season 2. It was still about a lot of cons but also about family and the search for Carly's and Julia's mother. I think that the story added depth to all the characters, especially to the main character Pete but also to Julia, Carly and all the others. Maybe it was a bit more drama and seriousness than the previous seasons but for me it was still a lot of fun.

2. sloaches

sloaches Forum Resident

I just finished season three and while it was decent, it seemed to be a bit lacking. Ricky Jay did a great job as Vignetti, but apparently he died during filming since the producers used a Fake Shemp for the characters' last on-screen appearance.

3. I was surprised at how frail he looked in the show (even though I knew he had died). It was hard to get used to particularly since I had just watched "House of Games" prior to the series.

I liked season three quite a bit and the con was fun but I think it might have been too complex for some folks myself. I'm hoping they do bring it back for another season although the end was pretty complete.

4. sloaches

sloaches Forum Resident

I just read on the Variety page that Amazon has canceled Sneaky Pete.

5. GodShifter

GodShifter Forum Member

Good call.

Deesky likes this.
  6. Somewhat Damaged

Somewhat Damaged Forum Resident

I really liked (with some reservations) season 1. It felt like a complete story that had finished. I decided not to even bother looking at season 2. It was one and done as far as I was concerned. More felt like milking a limited premise.

trumpet sounds likes this.
  7. Brenald79

Brenald79 Forum Resident

One thing Amazon shows do well is good recaps of the the previous season. Episode 1 had a good 3 minute recap of season 2.

8. milankey

milankey Forum Resident

I should finish season 1 tonight. Its amazing to me that every single character seems to be trying to deceive the others. Nobody honest on this show.

dmiller458 likes this.
  9. rockclassics

rockclassics Senior Member

I'm late to the party .... again. Just finished Justified earlier this week.

I was wondering what I was going to watch next and found this one by accident....saw it listed on Prime and read the summary and watched trailer. Anyway I watched the first two episodes tonight and I'm hooked. Sounds like a few of us are still working our way thru the seasons.

10. sharedon

sharedon Forum Zonophone

I miss it, really enjoyed it.

11. hbbfam

hbbfam Forum Resident

Season 1, excellent premise, writing and acting. Season 2 and 3 not so good. Just my humble opinion.

12. rockclassics

rockclassics Senior Member

At this point I am starting season 3....watched the first episode today. The first 2 seasons were both good...about equal in storylines IMO.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.