Snowfall series on FX

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Cupids_bow, Aug 1, 2019.

1. Cupids_bow

Cupids_bow chillin like a villain Thread Starter

80s based series. Cocaine trade. Contras. CIA. Reaganomics. Los Angeles.

Currently on season 3.

Anyone else following it?

Brenald79, Dubmart and Complier like this.
  2. dude

dude Senior Member

One of the best cable series I've seen. Can't wait from week to week. I think it just got renewed for a fourth season. The development of crack cocaine and all its players is the early main plot.

Brenald79 likes this.
  3. Dubmart

Dubmart Senior Member

Discovered it by pure chance when the BBC showed season one late at night with no promotion, excellent series that gets better as it progresses, surprised it's not been discussed before.

Cupids_bow likes this.
  4. Cupids_bow

Yeah, me too. Have you seen Season 2 yet?

5. Dubmart

Dubmart Senior Member

Yes, I think season two was even better than one, I like the way Franklin's story progressed, but all of the interconnected stories are great, just need to find who has season three over here.

Cupids_bow likes this.
  6. Brenald79

Brenald79 Forum Resident

I’ve been a huge of this show from the first episode of season 1. It’s I’m actually shocked it’s not huge here considering both The Wire and Narcos have big followings here.

lc1995 and Crimson jon like this.
  7. dude

dude Senior Member

That is a problem with these series these days. Especially the cable networks. You never know when your viewing pleasure will get yanked! I was really into Gomorrah, an Italian series that was being aired on Sundance I think. Then they just stopped carrying it.

8. tman53

tman53 Vinyl is an Addiction

Watched both season 1 and 2 and I don't think there was ever a let down. Season 3 is airing now. I am going to wait until I have all the episodes on my TiVo and then binge. I also just finished watching season 4 of Gomorrah, pretty good but somewhat of a letdown compared to previous season's. Hopefully., season 5 puts them back on track.

Cupids_bow likes this.
  9. dude

dude Senior Member

What channel/service?

10. tman53

tman53 Vinyl is an Addiction

If you are referring to Gommorah, let's just say I found them online.

progrocker likes this.
  11. Cupids_bow

Season 3 is very good, just finished Ep 5.

12. Brenald79

Brenald79 Forum Resident

I talked up this show so much I convinced a friend to buy the 2 seasons on ITunes and he loves it. My reputation was on the line and Snowfall came through lol. I cannot believe no ones watching this.

13. Crimson jon

Crimson jon Forum Resident

One of the best shows on tv in my opinion. The only issue is the commercials but those can be bypassed .
    Great acting...I didn't know until season 3 that the main character is actually brittish. His American urban tone is perfect.

kanakaris likes this.
  14. Brenald79

Brenald79 Forum Resident

Wow this season is harsh. Season finale next week. One of the best current shows.

15. dude

dude Senior Member

Anybody know why Mel thought it was Franklin that killed her Dad? The window being (unlocked?) doesn't seem very convincing to me.

16. marmalade166

marmalade166 Sous les pavés, la plage!

I just assumed it was because she knew they had major beef and that her Dad wouldn't have killed himself...

lc1995 likes this.
  17. Brenald79

Brenald79 Forum Resident

If last week’s season finale was the end of the series, I think it was a great ending for a series. Up there with The Americans, another FX show that had a great final episode. Hopefully it continues.

18. MikeT

MikeT Prior Forum Cretin and Current Impatient Creep

I believe the show is coming back for a 4th season - so it was not the end of the series. I liked the seasons final episode as I wasn't sure where it was going for the first 30 minutes or so (I figured it was a "dream" or something)… so let's see this all plays out next season.

Brenald79 likes this.
  19. Brenald79

Brenald79 Forum Resident

I thought it might be ending because the director died and there’s been no official announcement of a 4th season. I sure hope continues.

20. MikeT

MikeT Prior Forum Cretin and Current Impatient Creep

Brenald79 likes this.
  21. Mike from NYC

Mike from NYC Senior Member

great show!!

22. Dubmart

Dubmart Senior Member

The window was how Franklin would get in and visit her, seeing that coupled with her dad being shot with his service weapon that Franklin had arranged to be stolen gave her a moment of clarity to work out what had happened.

Was the guy with the film camera in the alternative universe John Singleton, did John Singleton actually start out like that filming on the streets or was it dramatic licence?

lc1995 and marmalade166 like this.
  23. lc1995

lc1995 Forum Resident

This show is really good, I watched all 30 episodes in

But I'll be honest, I haven't liked Franklin since he killed his own best friend to protect a low life who stabbed two of his own men in the neck.

I also thought the show really dropped the ball with Kevin's death, they moved on from it so quickly considering he was a major character.

And the way he killed Andre also seemed pretty cowardly. I was happy when Mel shot Franklin, which might not be a very popular opinion among Snowfall fans.

But still, one of the best shows I've seen in a while. I'm looking forward to Season 4.

24. lc1995

lc1995 Forum Resident

I thought the Season 3 finale was pretty weak. Like that Kevin Finnerty episode of the Sopranos.

I really hate extended dream sequences. And I was hoping they'd show what happened immediately after he was shot. He had some extreme plot armor because she shot him 3 times in the chest. And I don't see why she wouldn't have shot him in the head.

25. Dubmart

Dubmart Senior Member

I imagine that shooting someone you know in the face/head is psychologically a lot harder than shooting them in the body which in itself would likely require overcoming a very strong inbuilt resistance, fortunately most of us find it difficult to attack other human beings at all, shooting someone you know in the head is likely a very difficult hurdle to get over, even fueled by anger, hatred or revenge, but yeah he was very lucky.:agree: