Snowfall series on FX

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Cupids_bow, Aug 1, 2019.

1. Waterloo17

Waterloo17 Forum Resident

I’ll give them the benefit of the doubt due to filming during the COVID pandemic. As with most shows this season, the scope seems rather small and it’s obvious they can’t have as many people on screen at a time as they normally would. There were probably significant restrictions that could have affected the way they could tell the story.

2. sberger

sberger Dream Baby Dream

Hated the last scene, but enjoyed the rest of it.

Looking forward to season 5.

3. Brenald79

Brenald79 Forum Resident

This is basically the only place in the world criticizing the season finale. Everywhere else is praising it.

ex_mixer, joy stinson and Shawn like this.
  4. Yeah, I quite enjoyed it. And as I mentioned earlier, I’m glad the pace really picked up so the plot line with the reporter wasn’t dragged over to the next season. Very interested where they go with season 5.

Anyone else find the final scene more than reminiscent of the last scene in The Usual Suspects?

Brenald79 likes this.
  5. lc1995

lc1995 Forum Resident

Half way through the season I predicted that Franklin's enemies would all die and he would go out completely unscathed, that's exactly what happened

Franklin is way too unlikeable to root for at this point. Same thing with Teddy, who is pure evil even if he doesn't realize it.

6. lc1995

lc1995 Forum Resident

Also, the ending with Mel was not Keyser Soze at all IMO

If anything, he was faking NOT being hurt.

7. BEAThoven

BEAThoven Forum Resident

So late to the game here, but due to my schedule, I just didn't get the chance to watch the finale until this week! This final episode was incredible! Alton's "speech" to Reed/Teddy during the stand-off in that parking lot was phenomenal -- Alton lays exactly how Reed is the complete embodiment of the corrupt and hypocritical system. What an incredible transformational season for both Reed and Franklin – look at where they were at the beginning of Season 4 and where their states of mind are now. These two are colder, meaner, and have lost any sense of “diplomacy” that might have once had.

Brenald79 and lc1995 like this.
  8. GregM

GregM The expanding man

Agreed, and the acting is also more than a little bit annoying. It's like a guide in "how to do a cheap immitation of Denzel's mannerisms."

9. proedros

proedros Forum Resident

started it a few days ago, great series finishing S1 tonight (have next 3 seasons lined up)

also , this show has BY FAR the best rnb/funk/soul soundtrack i have ever heard on a TV series

whoever does the soundtrack thing , really knows his job

Shawn likes this.
  10. proedros

proedros Forum Resident

S4 is INTENSE

also guys learn to use the spoiler thing - just because you saw the episode X.Y where hero Z (dies resurrects etc) does not mean that everyone else has seen it

use.the.spoiler.option.

11. proedros

proedros Forum Resident

thanx for the heads up , bro

gonna start it once i am done with S4 (watching episode 4.05 atm)

Brenald79 likes this.
  12. proedros

proedros Forum Resident

question about S4 finale

so did Reed kill Alton ? probably not i mean Alton is too good to 'kill'

very entertaing show , but comparing it to The Wire is like comparing The Eagles to Bob Dylan.

Cupids_bow, trumpet sounds and GregM like this.
  13. GregM

GregM The expanding man

[​IMG]

trumpet sounds likes this.
  14. marmalade166

marmalade166 Sous les pavés, la plage!

Season 5 promo just dropped

15. marmalade166

marmalade166 Sous les pavés, la plage!

Season 5 incoming

DementedAvenger and sberger like this.
  16. sberger

sberger Dream Baby Dream

Can't wait.

17. I didn’t realize the new season already started, I have two episodes to catch up on.

18. Anyone still watching this? Last night’s episode was crazy (in a good way).

19. sberger

sberger Dream Baby Dream

Yes! Still a great series, and yes, it was crazy.

Shawn likes this.
  20. Dubmart

Dubmart Senior Member

Yeah, this season has seen a return to it's former quality, I din't see any of the last episode coming, like Franklin I'm looking forward to same answers.

Shawn likes this.
  21. BEAThoven

BEAThoven Forum Resident

Man, such dramatic plotlines were introduced during last week's (3/17) ep!
    • Who carried out that two-pronged hit?
    • Who is Teddy's new "inside" contact and what psychosexual fetish does she have?
    • I think Alton is alive strictly for the reason that it makes a great plotline and really throws a monkey wrench into the Cissy/Teddy murder scenario.

Shawn likes this.
  22. Dubmart

Dubmart Senior Member

Three pronged, don't forget Avi's warehouse with Leon.

BEAThoven and Shawn like this.
  23. Cupids_bow

Cupids_bow chillin like a villain Thread Starter

Wow, big reveal. The ghost of Kevin comes back to haunt Franklin and everyone else.

ex_mixer and Shawn like this.
  24. Dubmart

Dubmart Senior Member

I really enjoyed the way the Franklin and Gustavo scenes and the Franklin and Avi scene took us back to the beginning of their relationships in season one and obviously played into the reveal about who put the hit out and reminded us of what happened with Kevin.

Cupids_bow and Shawn like this.
  25. Lots to appreciate in these past two episodes. Why this show isn’t more popular I can’t figure out.

Cupids_bow, ex_mixer and Dubmart like this.