Snowfall series on FX

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Cupids_bow, Aug 1, 2019.

1. Am I alone in thinking Veronique is setting up Franklin for a huge con/scam?

2. JJFlash

JJFlash Forum Resident

One of my favorite current shows. Love everything about it. The acting is superb as is the writing. Visually, it's amazing. Soundtrack is perfect.

Shawn and ex_mixer like this.
  3. sberger

sberger Dream Baby Dream

Whew

Shawn likes this.
  4. Cupids_bow

Cupids_bow chillin like a villain Thread Starter

Yep. What a finale! Lots going on.

Shawn likes this.
  5. sberger

sberger Dream Baby Dream

Even the closing credits worked!:love:

Shawn and Cupids_bow like this.
  6. Wow! The show is really firing on all cylinders (no pun intended) - fantastic acting, writing, editing, really has it all. I’ll refrain from potential spoilers for a few days to discuss plot.

ex_mixer and Cupids_bow like this.
  7. Cupids_bow

So much to discuss and plenty of questions abound. I had a feeling one of the main characters was gonna be gone but not the one I was thinking of.
    Avi

Shawn likes this.
  8. Dubmart

Dubmart Senior Member

WOW!!!

I loved the use of Phil Collins, channeling Miami Vice, they even had a bit of a Michael Mann feel when they hit the stash houses, then finishing with NWA, perfect.

Does anyone know if they'd planned the whole story out before they started? If they've been making it up as they go along it's even more amazing, the complexity and multiple threads that gel so well.

Shawn and ex_mixer like this.
  9. That one is bad enough but I’m also worried:

that Gustavo aka Oso is done too as he looks like he’ll be in jail for a looong time. Two of my favorite characters, Avi and Oso. Big shoes for the show to fill next season.

Dubmart and Cupids_bow like this.
  10. Cupids_bow

Shawn likes this.
  11. Amazing how this show makes us root for drug dealers (the ones responsible for the scourge of crack cocaine no less!), gun runners, murderous gang members and other low-life’s. Now Teddy, I can never root for - he deserves everything that’s coming to him.

Dubmart and Cupids_bow like this.
  12. Cupids_bow

It’s the hallmark of a good show don’t you think? I considered Avi a father figure :laugh:

Shawn likes this.
  13. Looks like the upcoming season 6 will be Snowfall’s last. Bummer.

14. Harman

Harman Forum Resident

Great show,it flies under the radar for some reason though

marmalade166 likes this.
  15. dude

dude Senior Member

Watched the season opener last night, but before I did, I took another look at the finale from last year that I had saved on the dvr. Glad I did because I forgot so much. Realized I hadn't seen anything of that quality since then. No drop offs in that department so far. Some incredibly engaging scenes as usual. Still pissed they offed Avi.

trumpet sounds and Cupids_bow like this.
  16. Cupids_bow

Same, I watched the first two episodes last night. The writers are coming in with guns blazing, literally. I've a feeling things are gonna get even more intense.

trumpet sounds likes this.
  17. Awesome episode tonight. I’m really gonna miss this show.

18. Anyone still watching? They are really building up the tension, it can still go in a lot of different directions with only two episodes left.

It's a shame this show doesn't get more recognition - one of the top shows out there currently IMO.

And after waiting for years to see if they'd use it, they finally played 6 In The Morning.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2023
  19. sberger

sberger Dream Baby Dream

I am. Really great series if a bit far fetched at times, but that's ok with me. Acting, writing, love it all.

I lost count and had been wondering how many more ep's were left. I can't believe there are still 2 more. I'm having trouble figuring out who will be left standing, although I doubt it will be Franklin.

trumpet sounds and Shawn like this.
  20. trumpet sounds

trumpet sounds "The radio makes hideous sounds." Bob Dylan

Love this image of Franklin
    [​IMG]

21. sberger

sberger Dream Baby Dream

Wild stuff.

How many other's knew that bringing mom was a lousy idea? I don't think he was ever going to get the $$ anyway as I'm certain Teddy has a doomsday scenario planned and accounted for but I can't believe after seeing his mother's reaction to all this that he, or Veronique, would've ever allowed her to go with him

22. That was one intense episode. Wow.

23. BEAThoven

BEAThoven Forum Resident

Will comment more later, but... what an incredible end to the series last night (4/19)!

The final season seemed a bit off pacing-wise (so rushed to close up so many loose ends), but it still delivered!

trumpet sounds and Shawn like this.
  24. I sincerely hope Damson Idris is nominated for an Emmy. And wins. His portrayal of Franklin not only this season but of the entire series has been phenomenal.

25. kanakaris

kanakaris Forum Resident

Great last episode.
    Well done.