SNVinyl (Scott Nagle Audio)*

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by wgdrumsticks, Sep 25, 2020.

1. wgdrumsticks

wgdrumsticks Forum Resident Thread Starter

Anyone used this lately?

Read a few horror stories, but wanted to know if others have had perfectly good experiences.

2. Strat-Mangler

Strat-Mangler Personal Survival Daily Record-Breaker

It'd help if you explained what it is. Is it a store, a product, etc?

Do you have a link?

3. wgdrumsticks

yes online store. SCOTT NANGLE AUDIO

4. Strat-Mangler

Strat-Mangler Personal Survival Daily Record-Breaker

wgdrumsticks likes this.
  5. ShallowMemory

ShallowMemory Classical Princess

Have used a few times without incident. Communications are not great however.

Strat-Mangler and wgdrumsticks like this.
  6. wgdrumsticks

thanks, providing I can use PayPal may give it a go

7. richbdd01

richbdd01 Forum Resident

Yes, he’s a nightmare to deal with. I actually had 3 previous orders with no issues and items were sealed and perfect. However, my luck has ended.

I ordered a record and it arrived during the last week. It appears to have been used, has been resealed in a plastic Japanese style sleeve...I have had this record before and is definitely used. The sleeve has a seam split and most of the corners are dinged. The shipment packaging is really good quality with corner protectors so I reckon this damage was already present prior to shipment. The cover also looks like it has had a sticker removed, as it has a huge mark. Seriously not impressed.

And the issue with this guy? He is completely uncontactable. Phone always switched off. The email on his website doesn’t work. He is super quick to invoice you though...you get that through usually within half an hour. When you send a complaint or raise an issue, he just isn’t interested.

That was my last order, he can stick his business....

8. drums

drums New Member

I just ordered a disc (80€...) this week, and no response since I paid...

9. drums

drums New Member

But i just received it, really well packaged !! Everything fine.
    So i think the communication is really bad, but i'm very happy to get my Kind of blue mfsl copie...
    Thanks Scott nangle Audio

10. richbdd01

richbdd01 Forum Resident

Yes I had 3 good orders prior to the bad one. It seems that you’re okay as long as there’s no issues. Also, try and order things that are in stock. But yes, his packaging is great. I really don’t know what happened to my last order and why he didn’t question himself before sending in that condition, especially with the ugly sticker mark on the jacket. Still, I eventually managed to get hold of him after figuring out the error with the email contact on his website. He did get back and refunded the order which I appreciated.

11. Dubmart

Dubmart Senior Member

I'd had more or less good luck then I ordered a few things including the Chet Baker vinyl box set and just after I received one of Scott's emails quoting a cheaper price for the Chet so I asked why he was quoting more for Chet online, that's all I did, just asked and he deleted Chet from my order and then put the price up by £15, when I pointed out this was a funny way to do business he wasn't very friendly so I cancelled the whole order and got Chet from US Amazon for a lot less money than Scott's lowest price even with shipping and VAT. He appears to have good stock at good prices, but his customer service is appalling and he definitely lists stock he doesn't have with very optimistic restock times which can easily turn into months of him sitting on your payment.

12. pauluz

pauluz Forum Resident

Avoid this lying idiot snvinyl like the plague. Ordered an Acoustic Sounds record last month which clearly sold out quickly on pre order. Refund requested. Wish, like many buyers, I had researched him first.

By the way. Since he operates out of a modest bungalow I'm not sure where the so called 5000 record shipment is going to be stored.

[​IMG]

13. Nicode70

Nicode70 Overspending completist

anyone could hep me get a hold of Scott?

i've placed an order 2 xeeks ago but never got any word from them after paying the invoice.

I've tried the phone numbers:
    +44 7934 617201 (not working)
    +44750 861 6095 (ringing in the emptiness)

I've tried the email adresses:
    [email protected] (got an undelivered email response)
    [email protected] (no aswer)

I've also tried the contact form on the website, wich also returned an error...

Any help would be appreciated. thank you

14. Sme20 dunc

Sme20 dunc Member

He email me an invoice out the blue for £56.80 and pay now note, then the next day had it again and a parcel2go email, saying collected and drop off in 2 days time.
    Only problem was i have never ordered anything from him, nor had i placed an order, and nothing has ever turned up, so not a clue what its all about.
    But looking into him as you do when you get something like this, it was mostly all bad news

15. richbdd01

richbdd01 Forum Resident

Funny enough, I ‘risked’ another order from this guy. Hermes are delivering it and they’ve made 2 attempts and they say there is an issue. On the app, it says 10 after my name which looks like it relates to the delivery address but that isn’t my number. I’m at the last attempt now and Hermes are impossible to contact. This has got f-up written all over it and I’m getting that feeling again.

I risked it as I wanted to get a copy of Rumours 45Rpm and it’s near impossible to get in UK. It also said ‘in stock’ so I decided to go for it. Looks like it backfired.

16. pauluz

pauluz Forum Resident

Try [email protected]

If he replies stating he has a shipment due in or a large pallet of records expected, he's lying. Do not trust this fool. Get a refund and if that fails use your bank's charge back service to make a claim.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2021
    Dubmart and Nicode70 like this.
  17. Nicode70

Thank you very much.

pauluz likes this.
  18. richbdd01

richbdd01 Forum Resident

So he replied me with a screenshot which shows he sent to the wrong number address....despite it not being shown anywhere on my profile.

I don’t suggest like others that he is a scam...he is just an extremely unorganised and error prone person. That’s probably why his contact details on his site aren’t up to date.

Andy Saunders likes this.
  19. Andy Saunders

Andy Saunders Always a pleasure never a chore

You hear things and your reply is very probably spot on.

richbdd01 likes this.
  20. Nicode70

I finally got a shipping notice from my order. on the same day I asked for a refound. Very convenient.
    At lease I got a tracking number. I’ll keep you guys posted.

21. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

He didn't say they were HIS records. Just that 5000 records are in transit to someone, somewhere, and will make it to their destination(s) within 12 months.

22. smartiepants

smartiepants Senior Member

The guys an absolute cockwomble and a frigging nightmare to deal with, had albums ordered 2 months ago that were "in stock" he sent 1 out of 3 records, it was damaged so I returned it for a replacement 2 weeks ago still no sign of it or the other stuff that was ordered so I'm going to put a claim in with credit card, I'm sick of sending emails that take 4 days to answer and when he does answer you get a one word response that makes no sense he has had his chance

23. Gasman1003

Gasman1003 Forum Diplomat.

I bought my Loricraft RCM from him back in 2016.

No problems at all at that time.

24. smartiepants

smartiepants Senior Member

You were lucky, how difficult is it to ship a record out ordered 2 months ago and not respond to emails with decent responses

Gasman1003 likes this.
  25. Gasman1003

Gasman1003 Forum Diplomat.

Yep, pretty annoying.