So there's absolutely no way to play a CD in a new car without a phone?

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by The Panda, Jun 24, 2019.

1. shokhead

shokhead Head shok and you still don't what it is. HA!

Always thought it strange my 2014 has no usb

2. mikedifr0923

mikedifr0923 Forum Resident

Agreed. I am almost all physical media when at home but no reason not to do something like this in the car. Especially as storage gets cheaper these days and you can rip things in lossless formats.

3. docwebb

docwebb Forum Resident

Wish my Mazda 3 had a CD player. I suspect my CD collection is also close to two thousand. But the thought of taking the time to digitize it all is overwhelming. Too many other things in my life. The stuff I bought on Amazon came with digital versions so I put that on a USB stick but still 98 per cent is unavailable to me when I drive. So I have learned to find enjoyment with XM despite its low audio quality.

4. CX2000

CX2000 Well-Known Member

Good suggestion.

Yes, this can be a better solution than the FM transmitter. Can’t say that I did an exhaustive comparison but of the few transmitters and tape adapters that I tried comparing a bunch of years ago, the latter worked better than the former. And that’s what I ended up using before upgrading to the BT adaptor on my 2003 Land Cruiser.

5. jl151080

jl151080 Forum Resident

I have a 2019 Audi A1 with no CD player, and I have to say I do miss it.

The car has a Bang and Olufsen sound system, and I can use Apple car play to play Spotify through my phone, but I have no idea how I can listen to CD quality audio.

6. cdash99

cdash99 Forum Resident

USB drive.

7. jl151080

jl151080 Forum Resident

The problem I have is the Chromebook I bought last year has no CD drive, so I can't burn music from my CDs to my computer to put it on a USB.

This is why I hate not having physical media.

8. cdash99

cdash99 Forum Resident

I’m not familiar with chromebooks. If they have USB ports, external Optical drives are cheap enough.