So why is an Outlaw RR 2160 currently so hard to find for sale?

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Tim S, Sep 8, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tim S

Tim S Senior Member Thread Starter

No one seems to have them - at least not that I can find. What's up?

2. Standingstones

Standingstones Forum Resident

The Chinese must be falling behind. The Outlaw website says it will be available November 2020.

Big Blue and Tim S like this.
  3. Arclight73

Arclight73 Forum Resident

Across the board consumer electronics are in low stock. A majority of it are the effects of the pandemic. Check out Crutchfield as an example and there out of stock on most of the HT receivers they sell along with many other items.

Big Blue and patient_ot like this.
  4. allied333

allied333 Audiophile

It is true- out of stock everywhere. Perhaps used is only option right now and most do not sell them. A lot of amp for the money.

5. Strat-Mangler

Strat-Mangler Personal Survival Daily Record-Breaker

Do you mean available for purchase or at a discounted price? The manufacturer doesn't state it's sold out on their website, although it does mention B-Stock models are depleted.

6. allied333

allied333 Audiophile

Outlaw site states out of stock, available in November 2020.
    Outlaw site does state out of stock. Available November 2020 per their site. Look here:
    RR2160 Stereo Receiver

7. mrdon

mrdon Senior Member

I agree it is the EFFECTS of COVID that has caused the supply chain challenges. First, you have COVID shutting manufacturing factories down not just in China but around the world. These factories not only assemble consumer electronics but also manufacturer the components (Capacitors, resistors, transformers, chip sets, etc...) inside them. Next, you have high consumer demand for entertainment products because millions of people locked inside their homes with stimulus checks to burn wanting to watch The Mandolorian and Hamilton on Disney+ in HDR and Dolby Atmos. ;) Third, there are some major electronic companies that had inventory and cash flow issues before COVID which then put a greater strain on the manufacturers who had product to sell. Fourth, once electronics started flowing from factories in Asia, loaded on boats that made their way across the Pacific, you then have the logjam called the Port of Los Angeles, which was obviously not working at full capacity due to COVID. The lesson here again is that life is not always Amazon Prime same-day as much as we like that.

8. Nathan Z

Nathan Z Forum Resident

My best guess (along with everyone else apparently) is that it's because of COVID.

9. misterjones

misterjones Smarter than the average bear.

I wondered about this. I had been looking at certain Yamaha AV receivers for about a year, trying to decide if I should buy now or wait. Then all of a sudden POOF . . . everything in the $300-500 range was out of stock. I figured it had to be COVID, as I find it hard to believe the market otherwise would dry up so quickly.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.