Some STREET TALK With Steve Perry POLL:

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Psychedelic Good Trip, Feb 7, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. c-eling

c-eling Dinner's In The Microwave Sweety

Thanks Steeler :cheers:

2. sa5150

sa5150 Forum Resident

So this is a unique different mastering then any of others (no wonder I was outbid so quickly ) lol . What is pre-echo ? I never heard that term sorry.

Psychedelic Good Trip likes this.
  3. WiWavelength

WiWavelength Forum Resident

Thanks for running the numbers on the 35DP. Interesting that peak levels are different, but some/all tracks appear to be just a -1.02 dB level shift (or 0.88x scale) from the previously posted CSR/DADC peak levels. DR metrics really would be more useful to ascertain if some/all tracks are level shifts or different masterings.

AJ

Last edited: Apr 27, 2018
  4. WiWavelength

WiWavelength Forum Resident

Not a standard term, per my knowledge. But it could refer to 1) analog tape print through audible on track lead ins/outs or 2) added early reflection reverb.

AJ

5. steeler1979

steeler1979 Darren from Nashville

6. sa5150

sa5150 Forum Resident

Which one do you prefer ?

7. sa5150

sa5150 Forum Resident

Just curious not to keep bringing this thread up , What is everyone best way to here this album , vinyl , Japan or usa cd ? (non remastered , that cd is compressed to heck , a shame since they added some really nice bonus tracks )

8. sa5150

sa5150 Forum Resident

I'm back.. lol , and so is Steve Perry :) , I was able to hear a few different vinyl's of "street talk" , This is one of those albums that I like better on CD , Isn't this album one of the most crankable I ever heard , No matter how loud you turn it up you can't get enough .
    "Strung out" is a brilliant 80's power pop rocker one of my favs of all .

9. Talisman954

Talisman954 Forum Resident

Go away has a great vocal

10. artfromtex

artfromtex Honky Tonkin' Metal-Head

Not voting for any of those bonus tracks, although I really like most of them.

Oh Sherrie
    She's Mine
    You Should Be Happy
    Captured By The Moment
    Strung Out

I like the whole album, but these are my top 5. "Running Alone" would be one of my faves , but the keyboard sound and that stupid baby crying behind verse #2 bug me too much.

11. Psychedelic Good Trip

Psychedelic Good Trip Beautiful Psychedelic Colors Everywhere Thread Starter

Love the freshness of Foolish Heart even 33--34 years later.

12. DiabloG

DiabloG City Pop, Rock, and anything 80s til I die

Oh Sherrie
    Go Away
    You Should Be Happy
    Running Alone

Those last 3 are very underrated. I need to get the original CD at some point, but the 1996 remaster isn't too bad.

13. andy75

andy75 Forum Resident

Just got the CDCBS 25967 made in Japan for Europe CD of this title and I'm wondering if it should be tape on some sides of the booklet front or if my copy is tinkered with in some way?

14. thxphotog

thxphotog Camera Nerd Cycling Nerd Guitar Nerd Dietary Nerd

Year-old thread bump because this record is awesome! :) My senior year in high school so a lot of memories attached, despite the fact that I was in a huge Sunset Strip metal phase at the time. Despite that, Perry remained one of my favorite singers so I was all-in here.

This was one of the few records that my dad would put on his (keep your hands off my) stereo at my request and actually let a few songs play without making some snarky comment about my taste in music. The record is so beautifully produced & engineered that you can't help but let it ride when listening on a good system. (or any I suppose. It's all relative)

I love the deeper cuts and especially She's Mine with it's amazing Strat solo(s) by the legendary Michael Landau.

I have the US original and the Japanese (with OBI :)) and quite honestly, having these records (and this freaking web site) were main factors in pushing me back into vinyl. So perhaps I should actually curse this record.

If my wife knew how many thousands of dollars have gone into the rebirth of vinyl in our house she'd seek Steve Perry and @stevehoffman and likely take out both!

Side note: Street Talk was actually on our DTS 5.1 CD production schedule before the format pulled the brakes. Really disappointing.

15. PTgraphics

PTgraphics Senior Member

Really good album. The remaster from a number of years ago, with bonus tracks, sounds terrible, IMO. Original CD pressing and vinyl sound good.

16. Psychedelic Good Trip

Psychedelic Good Trip Beautiful Psychedelic Colors Everywhere Thread Starter

Found this original 1984 lp in my boxes of lps yesterday. Will spin it by Sunday. My god almost 37 years since this album was released. A relic of its time but I love it regardless.

17. Kiss73

Kiss73 Forum Resident

Surprised there is not much love for this on here....I think this is stunning - blew me away the first time I listened to it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.