Somebody Pinch Me

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by Kayaker, Feb 16, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kayaker

Kayaker Senior Member Thread Starter

I've been having an incredible ebay weekend so far - after several weeks of the worst luck.
    On Friday morning I scored 5 SACD's from the same seller and paid around $42 total for them! They include Steve's Ritchie Valens, Jazz at Massey Hall, Art Pepper - Modern Jazz Classics +11 (I have the APO gold disc of this - will compare them and post here) and two Classical SACD's on the Penatone label.
    Thursday afternoon brought the MFSL Albert King - Born Under a Bad sign ($18). Saturday Three more MFSL's: Neville Brothers - Fiyo ($13), John Mayall - The Blues Alone ($12.50) and John Mellencamp - Scarecrow ($11). Today I picked up the twofer MFSL of Dr. John - Gumbo/In the Right Place ($15) which I've been looking for since people here raved about it.

...and since it's a three day weekend here, there is still tomorrow :D

....however I've got to run errands tomorrow with the wife and family so I may be in the same boat as seckels - missing bidding by seconds (I feel for you man - we've all been there).

2. Jeffrey

Jeffrey Forum Hall Of Fame

Hi Rick,

Congrats! :cheers: That's some great deals you've been getting! :thumbsup:

Enjoy,
    Jeffrey

3. stever

stever Senior Member

Rick, if you're kylekayaker on eBay, looks like we tussled on the Otis Blue -- I was the winner for $25.59. :laugh:

4. Kayaker

Kayaker Senior Member Thread Starter

This one huh?
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2594656017&category=1559
    Yup - thats me.
    Nice to see a fellow forum member and fellow sniper got it - sorry I drove up the price!
    Good - one less motivated bidder next time! :D

5. stever

stever Senior Member

Yes, that's the one. My bid must still have been processing when you put yours in -- I wouldn't knowingly bid against an already established bid by a forum member. Are you watching the other one?

6. Brian Cruz

Brian Cruz Forum Resident

Congrats, Rick! You cleaned up!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.