Someone grab this West German ABBA CD!

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by KeithH, Dec 22, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KeithH

KeithH Success With Honor...then and now Thread Starter

Here is a West German pressing of ABBA Greatest Hits Vol. 2 with a very low Buy It Now price. The seller doesn't say whether it's on the Atlantic or Polydor label, but there is no Polydor logo or Polydor catalog number on the cover. My guess is that it's the Atlantic version (and a target to boot). Grab it!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2583079953&category=43632

I am not the seller.

2. Got it!

Thanks Keith, that's a very keen eye you have there - I owe you one!

Phil

3. KeithH

Phil, no problem! I hope it's the Atlantic version. Let us know!

4. My hunch is that, as the seller lists it as an import, it will be a Polydor or Polar. Whatever it is, it will be a big improvement on the CDs I have now :thumbsup:

I'll let you know what turns up.

5. KeithH

Phil, O.K. It still could be the Atlantic disc. In my experience, West German Polydor and Polar discs will have the catalog number on the cover. Also, the Polydor discs usually have the Polydor logo on the cover. Also, I have come across a number of sellers offering West German and Japanese pressings made for release in the US who list their these discs as imports. Before I found this site, I lumped these disc into the import category.

Let's hope for the best (Atlantic)!

6. Thanks for the info - I didn't know that about the logos. Cool!

I might ask the the seller once I've heard from him - I need to know how much he needs for shipping to UK (ouch).

7. Ok - I've got the shipping sorted. I'm being such a klutz today...:sigh:

8. poweragemk

poweragemk Old Member

Geez, this is an early-bird-gets-the-worm situation if I ever saw one...:D

The WG Polydor/Polar CDs I have gotten lately haven't been all bad, so it's not a total loss if it's one of those!

--MK

9. lv70smusic

lv70smusic Senior Member

For those in the San Francisco area:

A copy of this Atlantic disc is currently available at Amoeba in SF. I think it's priced $7.95.

Also available in the used-various artists section are a few volumes of the "Reelin' In The Years" series mastered by you-know-who.

10. And it turns out to be ....

a TARGET!

Keith, you were spot on. I got back from my christmas break to find it on my doormat. It's on the headphones now; it's sounds great! Sounds a lot like the vinyl I'm used to. Clear as a bell, the voices are >bright< where they should be, but never sound shrill.

At last, I've got an Abba CD that I can actually play...

11. KeithH

Phil said:

That's great news! Congrats. and enjoy it!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.