Something has been bugging me about this Patsy Cline ebay auction

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by Otis1974, Sep 6, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Otis1974

Otis1974 Forum Resident Thread Starter

I was watching this particular ebay auction from beginning to end...

Autographed Patsy Cline Showcase by Patsy Cline (Vinyl, May-2015, Wax Time) 8436542018227 | eBay

...and it was not until the auction was over and it sold for $206.50 that something suddenly dawned on me. Now correct me if I am wrong, but this particular version of Patsy Cline "Showcase" is a rerelease (with a different cover) of the original 1961 "Showcase" and not released until after Patsy's death on March 5th, 1963. If that is indeed the case, then how did Patsy Cline sign a version of a record that was not rereleased until after her death?

Coincidentally, the seller has no feedback rating, no sales prior to or after this Patsy Cline album.

Did the buyer get duped?

Charles

2. eddiel

eddiel Senior Member

Yeah that version came out in 1963 after her death. Buyer was duped. He should really have done some basic research.

Geez, the seller even wrote this in the auction write up:"Autographed Patsy Cline Showcase by Patsy Cline (Vinyl, May-2015, Wax Time)" smh

3. Jimmy B.

Jimmy B. .

That's kind of unbelievable. Someone who bought it, some people bidding, all thought a 2015 album of Patsy's was autographed by her?
    :confused:

Wow.

4. dr jazz

dr jazz Forum Resident

I bought a biography of mugsy spanier on amazon with a cd for three dollars recently. A seller had a used autographed by spanier copy for $55. The book was published in 1995. He died in 1967.

InStepWithTheStars and eddiel like this.
  5. ivan_wemple

ivan_wemple Senior Member

Wait. Patsy Cline died? Where have I been? You learn something new every day! :winkgrin:

Christian Hill likes this.
  6. Christian Hill

Christian Hill It's all in the mind

I have an Autographed copy of John Lennon's Milk & Honey if anyone is interested ;)

7. Jimi Bat

Jimi Bat Forum Resident

Also autographed by Patsy Cline.

Steve0 likes this.
  8. siveld

siveld Forum Resident

Dunno if I want it, not sure what Yoko's signature is worth!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.