Song playing during your car accident...

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by CrawdaddySim1, Dec 9, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DiBosco

DiBosco Forum Resident

:laugh: Some good black humour there!

Back in the mid '90s I had a crash where I pulled out of a side road, looking right (as we drive on the left), pulled out and drove into the side of a bus that had crossed the road to over take a parked car. It was all low speed and I wans't hurt, but it cost many hundreds of quids worth of damage to the car. I was listening to Mark and Lard (UK people will likely know who I'm on about) and as usual they were larking about and making me laugh which I'm sure distracted me. I try not laugh in the car any more. ;)

Whoever it was talking about defensive driving is spot-on. I try as much as I can to keep an eye on side roads, and on motorways keep a bloody good distance to the car in front. It scares the bejeesus out of me how close some folk drive to each other on the motorway. There is no wonder there is a crash almost every day on the stretch on which I drive to work each day.

longaway and CrawdaddySim1 like this.
  2. catnip nation

catnip nation Forum Resident

I remember spinning out in an old 1980 Honda Accord while Space Ritual by Hawkwind played.Gotta watch those elevated highway off ramps! Just a blown out tire,but it could have been worse.I remember thinking how the chaos of the music matched the entire episode so well.

slipkid and CrawdaddySim1 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.