Songs by George Harrison Signed Last Copies Available

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Jerry Horne, Mar 14, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

OK, so I wonder how many others of their Beatles related books will all of a sudden find 250 or more copies? Where did this stash come from? That is Bull Sh**. I pre-ordered my copy the day it was announced years ago...I'd really like an explanation from them. Did they say how/why this happened? Thanks for answering my question. : )

2. Marry a Carrot

Marry a Carrot Interesting blues gets a convincing reading.

They stopped selling the book after George's death.

"As a mark of respect for the passing of George Harrison, we are not accepting orders for Songs by George Harrison for the time being. We feel a period of reflection is appropriate. We are sure you will understand this decision."

Genesis Publications: Books: Songs by George Harrison

Michael likes this.
  3. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

OK, thanks I got my reason and I am quite satisfied with their decision...I was a customer back in the 80's of their beautiful books... I just did not want to see more of the other titles popping up. BUT, this is totally understandable...but why did they wait so long to sell the remaining 250 copies...I wonder?

4. Nah, the music is just an extra. Doesn't matter if it's CD, LP, cassette....

5. Mirrorblade.1

Mirrorblade.1 Forum Resident

Not to be mean will this matter 10 yrs from now..?
    My generation x and beyond can't& won't fork out that kind of money
    For something like this.

6. Avenging Robot

Avenging Robot Senior Member

I can’t say for sure but I have some theories:
    1. It could possibly just be the wishes of his family to hold off for such a long time. Considering George helped make Genesis what is is today with his books, I’m sure Genesis would gladly comply.

2. Considering Genesis’ limits in regards to production, given that much of it is done by hand, they simply may not have had an opportunity in the schedule to restart bookbinding the remaining copies for a prolonged period of time. If other titles fall behind schedule (which does happen), you have to delay this one to another day, year etc.

3. From a marketing standpoint, there might have been concerns that reintroducing this title might have taken away sales from other titles that came afterwards such as Traveling Wilburys, Concert for George etc.

One thing I think we can all agree is that Genesis is definitely not in it for easy money as they could have kept the remaining 250 copies and slowly trickled them them onto eBay one by one (in order not to flood the market) and sold each to the highest bidder.

Jerry Horne and ronbow like this.
  7. Jerry Horne

Jerry Horne WYWH (1975-2025) Thread Starter

Mine finally arrived today. I almost missed the Fed Ex guy. So now I'm listening to 'Living In The Material World' and enjoying the build up to opening the box. Welcome to my home George :)

EddieMann, mrjinks and longdist01 like this.
  8. mrjinks

mrjinks Optimistically Challenged

Did you get a shipping notice in advance?

I actually emailed Genesis today, because they say they’re shipping “through the end of August” - and that’s almost here. I’ve heard zip about my order since March.

9. Jerry Horne

They tried calling me from England. Then they emailed me to confirm I would be home to receive the book. Then it just showed up a few days later, no tracking number or anything.

10. mrjinks

Wow. Shocking, IMO. I ordered one book from them a couple years ago and, as I recall, they sent tracking info ahead of time. I’m suddenly nervous...

Note: I don’t want to “like” your post because I expect better from them!

11. EddieMann

EddieMann I used to be a king...

One of my biggest screw ups was not ordering this the second I saw it was available. By the time I decided to go ahead three or four hours later they were gone. Enjoy! :righton:

longdist01, mrjinks and Jerry Horne like this.
  12. Jerry Horne

You should be fine if you're at the same address you were when you ordered. Jordi Dix should be your contact person. You could email them and request a tracking number when it ships.

13. Vahan

Vahan Forum Resident

I'll stick with my cheap alternate sources for those exclusive songs.

14. mrjinks

So I did email them, since they said items were shipping "through August" and just got a reply:
    Please note that shipping on all Songs By George Vol. 2 orders is still on going. We are despatching orders in batches as we receive them from our bindery so I am unable to advise specifically when your order will be ready as it is subject to the rate at which our binders hand bind the volumes.

We do expect that shipping on all orders will be completed by the end of August and you will be notified by text message when your order is on the way to you to enable you to manage receipt of your order.
    So it's the 27th of August, and they expect to complete shipping by the 30th, but they're unable to tell me when my order will be ready. Really? :wtf:

Jerry Horne likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.