Songs disliked by artists themselves

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by AndrewK, Oct 17, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sunking101

sunking101 Forum Resident

They asked him to write something catchy like Love In Am Elevator....and he failed badly.

2. Dan33185

Dan33185 Dylan/Cohen/Adams/T. Buckley/Holly

"Sinatra despised the song, calling it at one time "a piece of s***" and "the worst f***ing song that I have ever heard." He was not afraid to voice his disapproval of playing it live. In spite of his contempt for the song, for the first time in 11 years he had a #1 hit, and it remained on the charts for 15 weeks."

Strangers in the Night - Wikipedia

Picca likes this.
  3. carlwm

carlwm Forum Resident

He was a great rocker, bless him, but as well played as they were, I don't get a vast amount of enjoyment from his blues albums. I'd throw Corridors Of Power into the mix as another great GM rock album.

Always felt he should have had at least two more smash hit singles: Empty Rooms (the original Victims Of The Future version. He farted about with it too much over the years) and Always Gonna Love You from Corridors. Wonderful songs, both.

NJ Englishman likes this.
  4. AndrewK

AndrewK Forum Resident Thread Starter

I don't think Melissa Manchester is too fond of her 80's synth-disco songs, too bad because I quite like her mid 80's albums

5. ChoonyFish

ChoonyFish Forum Resident

Came here to say the same. "People Are People" is one of my faves, loads of fans love it; the crowd would go monkeypoo if they played it live, but they are so embarrassed by the naff lyrics they refuse to play it. Sonically, it's one of their best. Damn shame.

drsmuts likes this.
  6. Allthingsmusic

Allthingsmusic Forum Resident

That song would drive me up the wall. Instant station changer back in the day.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.