Sonos, Apple Homepod...or ??? For wireless listening in bedroom?

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by xj32, Mar 4, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xj32

xj32 Forum Resident Thread Starter

Tried for an hour and while home sharing works to our Apple TV, it will not connect to my iPhone.

Anyone know how to set up IPnP on an iMac with an external hard drive?

2. uofmtiger

uofmtiger Forum Resident

Try restarting the app and the iPhone. I have had that issue as well.

If you try that a few times and it still won’t work, you can try an app like FileBrowser that may be able to access the files from the drive they are on. You could also install Plex and access them independently from iTunes.

3. darzel

darzel New Member

What are the types of device that can be directly plugged into the HomePod?I found some devices in Apple HomePod Speaker ,but maybe you know some more other than those.I would be very happy if you can share some that can add on my list.

Thank you in advance

4. uofmtiger

uofmtiger Forum Resident

Nothing will plug directly into the HomePod. It doesn't have any inputs. You use Airplay or direct control via voice and Apple Music.

5. darzel

darzel New Member

Hi All,

Can Homepod create grouping of speakers to coordinate music beyond room? Someone was talking about it in Apple HomePod Speaker . However,I need an additional idea on this matter.Your input is highly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2018
  6. Bubbamike

Bubbamike Forum Resident

Not yet, but I believe it will be able to do so with the Apple Play 2 update, when it arrives.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.