Sony DVP-NS 999ES Modded by ModWright - Article

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Oyama, Jul 3, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oyama

Oyama Senior Member Thread Starter

An interesting article on the Sony DVP-NS 999ES CD/DVD/SACD player with Signature Truth modifications done by Dan Wright (ModWright).

2. Metralla

Metralla Joined Jan 13, 2002

I read the review and was amazed by some of his statements. I wish when reviewers make claims like "There is no better-performing or more musical digital playback unit available today" they tone it down to reality and list the other contenders they have heard which this unit betters.

3. Oyama

Oyama Senior Member Thread Starter

I absolutely agree Metralla... :agree:

4. Rachael Bee

Rachael Bee Miembra muy loca

I thought the review had an airy quality. Other reviews are thin and stark in tone, in comparrison. My favourite quote from the article, describing Dan Wright, "...an audio artist who listens as he works." I'm convinced it was a misprint and that Dan is actually an elf, "who whistles as he works."

I learned a new word from the article, mellifluous (1. sweetly or smoothly flowing: mellifluous tones. 2. flowing with honey; sweetened with or as with honey...).

I've heard good things about Modwright over the last several years. However, this meaningless adjetive fest told me almost nothing, but I learned a new word! I can't wait to use my new word somehow. I hope I can stille remember how to spell it come tomorrow.

5. Danny Kaey

Danny Kaey New Member

looks like you should concentrate on spelling "still" first! ;) :goodie: :wave:

6. Rachael Bee

Rachael Bee Miembra muy loca

I stille spell Stille the old-fashioned way.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.