Sony Essential series two-disc sets on sale at Best Buy this week for $12.99!

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by KeithH, Nov 2, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KeithH

KeithH Success With Honor...then and now Thread Starter

Today's Best Buy flier shows Sony Essential series two-disc sets on sale this week for $12.99! The flier only shows the Billy Joel, Luther Vandross, Johnny Cash, Bob Dylan, and Aerosmith sets, but it says that others are included in the sale. According to the flier, stores have a display for the sale titles.

I love the Essential titles I have, and I think I will add to the collection this week! :)

2. Dugan

Dugan Senior Member

Keith
    If you have a Cocanuts nears you check out the "just In This Week" used section. Yesterday I picked up Essential Simon & Garfunkel for $6.99 and they had several copies.

3. Gary Freed

Gary Freed Forum Resident

Which are the best sounding Essential Series?

All the best,

Gary

4. KeithH

Terry,

Thanks. I do have a Coconuts near me, so it's good to know that they may be discounting used copies of the Essential discs. I'll check it out. I picked up the Simon & Garfunkel set at Target a couple weeks ago for $12.99. I thought that was steal, but $7? Wow!

Gary,

I can't classify some as better than others, but I have yet to be disappointed with an Essential set, as they are all great in my book. Off the top of my head, I have the Bob Dylan, Billy Joel, Miles Davis, Santana, Stevie Ray Vaughan, Simon & Garfunkel, Sly and the Family Stone, Dave Brubeck, and Aerosmith sets, and I love them all. With the Best Buy sale, I plan to get the Johnny Cash set.

5. Gary Freed

Thanks for the info Keith.

I bought the S&G and Target several weeks ago and enjoy most of the tracks. Several were a disappointment though.

6. KeithH

Gary, what don't you like about the Simon & Garfunkel set? I know it's not complete, but I like it. I can't say I am an expert on Simon & Garfunkel, though.

7. Gary Freed

Keith,

I really like the Live tracks and the tracks from Bookends. The tracks from the Sound of Silence seem a bit muddy. Same goes for some of the Bridge
    Over Troubled Water tracks.

8. KeithH

Gary, O.K. Have you heard better versions of the "muddy" tracks? If so, where? Just curious.

9. Gary Freed

Keith,

Haven't heard better except on LP. Just an observation.

10. KeithH

Gary, O.K. Thanks.

11. Kevin Sypolt

Kevin Sypolt Senior Member

I found the Billy Joel a bit too compressed for my tastes. I will buy each of the individual non-remastered albums seperately (used) and keep the essential CD just to fill in the holes... For $12.99, it's a steal!

I love the Aerosmith! I think they did a great job on this one! :thumbsup:

12. GabeG

GabeG New Member

The Billy Joel remasters are vast improvements over the originals.

As far as I know there isn't an Aerosmith Essentials. Are you refering to O Yeah? Or an import?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.