Sony HAP-S1 can't connect to network

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Sono Man, Jan 5, 2023.

1. Sono Man

Sono Man New Member Thread Starter

Hello HAP-S1 owners,
    I need help to fix HAP-S1 network setup. The issue is I started factory reset and I interrupted it before it was finalized. I waited for it to finish, but I got tired after 30+ hours and unplugged unit from the power source.
    I am able to navigate the Home Menu, but now I cannot get a connection to the internet neither wired or wireless. When selecting either Wired or Wireless Setup in Network Settings (Settings>Network Setting) nothing happen. I can't get pass those options.
    I tried to do another factory reset (Settings>System Settings>Factory Reset) unsuccessfully. I think something got damaged or messed up when I power off the unit abruptly during the factory reset. I removed the internal HDD to see if replacing it with a new one might solve the problem to no avail. I noticed the HDD kept my music files in one large ext4 partition and other smaller partition contained folders and *.db files.
    I don't know if any of the partitions got corrupted and that may be the problem. I wonder if "re-flashing" or re-installing the firmware may fix the problem. But the only way I know to install firmware is having first an active internet. I am now stuck with a heavy and expensive brick of audio equipment that cannot be updated and don't play any music since "Scan HDD" failed also. Any help to resuscitate this unit will be really appreciated!

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 5, 2023