Sony Legacy Pop Market (Part Four)

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by MilesSmiles, Dec 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alternative4

Alternative4 One of These Days I'll Get an Early Night

The Porcupine Tree set offered the other day was similar. The US price (crossed out) was 99$, the discounted price was shown to meavailable. The price being offered to me in New Zealand was $130, far more than the original price should have converted to.

RIP Popmarket.

jsb! and imarcq like this.
  2. ptijerm

ptijerm Forum Resident

Very true. Quebec being excluded from contests is nothing new. Many contests here in Canada exclude Quebec where all other Canadian provinces and territories are included.

Quebec has very strict rules regarding contests open to the Quebec general public. Unless prize value is less than $2,000, every company offering contests to Quebec residents MUST register with the body that regulates contests. In addition, franchisors not based in Quebec must post security, and taxes are also imposed. For these reasons, many contests often exclude Quebec.

It has nothing to do with bias against French-speaking Canadians (even though a running joke among many English speaking Canadians is that Quebec isn't part of Canada, hence the exclusion from contests) ;)

imarcq likes this.
  3. ptijerm

ptijerm Forum Resident

Ouch. Australia is the new Quebec ;)

4. ptijerm

ptijerm Forum Resident

Unrelated, but...Mark - what's with the regularly-changing profile pics? You've got more avatars than Madonna's got looks! :p

5. imarcq

imarcq Men are from Mars, I'm from Bromley...

I get bored! :)

ptijerm likes this.
  6. KeithH

KeithH Success With Honor...then and now

Imagine how we feel.

:D

imarcq likes this.
  7. ptijerm

ptijerm Forum Resident

LOL...when my son tells me he's bored, I tell him: "well I guess that makes me the Chairman of the Bored". He then gives me the 11-year old "I'm not impressed" look. I then force him to listen to 45s for an hour. :D

imarcq likes this.
  8. imarcq

I'm bored of this one already....

9. imarcq

That's better. Moody Mark for a while!

10. KeithH

Fortunately you survived the nuclear blast. Now beware of the fallout.

;)

imarcq likes this.
  11. Gabe Walters

Gabe Walters Forum Resident

Used another 15% coupon to grab Miles Davis Bitches Brew 40th box, for $76 shipped. Can't wait to hear that AAA vinyl pressing.

12. RPhelps

RPhelps Forum Resident

Assuming you have one, is the discount applied automatically when u check out ?

13. Gabe Walters

Gabe Walters Forum Resident

Yeah, you click the discount link in your email, and then you should see the discount subtracted from the subtotal in your shopping cart before you submit your order.

14. olson

olson Forum Resident

Hate to derail this thread but is there any way to do a specific artist search at the PopMarket site?

I should add, search the site from the US, not from Quebec or Australia.:magoo:

15. ptijerm

ptijerm Forum Resident

Unfortunately, none that anyone on this forum has been able to find...aside from a Google search.

16. MerseyBeatle

MerseyBeatle Martha my dear (1995-2012)

Google: popmarket.com [artists name]. For example to find Bob Dylan, type popmarket.com bob dylan and there you will find their selection. Why they don't have a search function is beyond me. They're an odd outfit when it comes to marketing. Still, they do have good prices from time to time.

JimC likes this.
  17. laughalot

laughalot Forum Resident

Only for the States and maybe Canada. For Europe, Australia and New Zealand prices have become prohibitive.

imarcq likes this.
  18. MerseyBeatle

MerseyBeatle Martha my dear (1995-2012)

Question about Pop Market’s Daily Deal and their regular priced goods in the US.

I see Pop Market has a Johnny Cash Daily Deal coming up on Wednesday and they also have a ‘splash page’ called their ‘Johnny Cash Channel’.

My question is, I want to pick-up some Johnny Cash box sets, but with a daily deal coming up on Wednesday should I wait to see if the boxes I want are on sale Wednesday or do the prices remain the same. Is the daily deal just the same price, but just receiving additional promotion (ie. on the home page) or are there usually price breaks from the regular price?

Thanks.

19. D Schnozzman

D Schnozzman Forum Resident

I would assume that the daily deal is an item not already in the 'Johnny Cash Channel' but I do recall there being daily deals in the past that were already in the Vinyl Store at a higher price.
    So the short answer is er, :shrug:

20. SammyJoe

SammyJoe Up The Irons!

Just got phone-call from Mrs. SammyJoe, that my Depeche Mode-vinyls have arrived.

So, all in all, this is once again good stuff from Popmarket/MyPlay, pretty quick service thinking the package went from Nashville to Finland over the weekend.
    I ordered the set on thursday (when it was on daily deal), it was dispatched on friday and now today it came here.
    So, when I today get home from work, Im gonna open the set, look through them and listen to some.

imarcq likes this.
  21. imarcq

Glad you had a good experience from start to Finnish!

ptijerm and SammyJoe like this.
  22. KeithH

Boo! Hiss!

:D

imarcq likes this.
  23. KeithH

It's amazing that they don't have a search box on their site.

24. SammyJoe

SammyJoe Up The Irons!

Indeed. Well, atleast google has provided a way to find deals not visible on the Popmarket-page.
    Especially, when there has been some really good daily-deal going and you missed it then thought that you would not get it anymore..
    Try google it and it might still be on sale (unless really sold-out).
    Found this good way few years ago...

25. joelee

joelee Hyperactive!

Nice deal on the Johnny Winter new boxset today.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.