Sony Legacy Pop Market

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by hutlock, Oct 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DreadPikathulhu

DreadPikathulhu Senior Member

I'm still holding out hope that the Complete Elvis set comes back at better than the last $499 price.

2. audiorocks

audiorocks Forum Resident

Is all of the Legacy Edition music from Bitches Brew, Kind of Blue, and Sketches of Spain included in the tumpet case set?

3. hutlock

hutlock Forever Breathing Thread Starter

All of the Sketches of Spain is, but the Bitches Brew and KOB sets both have material that is exclusive to them.

EDIT:

I was wrong -- looks like the only thing that isn't in the trumpet case there is the Bitches Brew DVD.
    The Round About Midnight Legacy Edition, however, has 8 previously unreleased live tracks.

4. eelkiller

eelkiller One of the great unwashed

It was $429 with the discount code

5. djcavanagh

djcavanagh Forum Resident

I think that there are a couple of false starts on the KoB set that aren't in the Miles & Coltrane set.

6. audiorocks

audiorocks Forum Resident

Thanks, I'm going to try to cancel that order since I got the trumpet case.

7. Is there another coupon code besides FF2011 available at the moment? that code expired yesterday.

8. hutlock

Today's Deal:

The Byrds - Complete Collection

$62.99
    Contains CD expanded edition versions of all 11 original Columbia albums released by the Byrds between 1965 and 1971, which includes numerous rarities and unreleased tracks.
    Each individual album is packaged in a replica mini-LP sleeve reproducing that album's original cover art.
    Includes booklet containing historic photos and track-by-track annotation by veteran journalist Johnny Rogan, author of the definitive Byrds biography Timeless Flight.

The Byrds' first two albums, Mr. Tambourine Man and Turn! Turn! Turn!, gave birth to the folk-rock movement by applying soaring vocal harmonies and jangly 12-string guitars to Bob Dylan songs, traditional folk material and memorable originals. The bands subsequent releases Fifth Dimension, Younger Than Yesterday and The Notorious Byrd Brothers helped to usher in the psychedelic era. With 1968's Sweetheart of the Rodeo, featuring new member Gram Parsons, the Byrds became the first major rock act to explore the traditions of country music. After that album, McGuinn reinvented the Byrds once again, with a new lineup featuring the brilliant guitarist Clarence White, for a series of eclectic psychedelic-country-soul albums, including Dr. Byrds and Mr. Hyde, Ballad of Easy Rider.

Can't seem to find this on Amazon at all?

9. Tjazz

Tjazz Breakfast at (a record store)

"Facebook10" still works for 10% off.

So, the BYRDs Box is $56.69

10. Thanks for the code, although I'm passing on the Byrds today.

11. I ended up buying the Byrds box, even though I own virtually all the CDs already. The pricing is decent, but I bet they still end up with lots of unsold stock at that level.

12. That's my hope, I'll take it for around $40.

13. Troyh

Troyh Forum Resident

Today's deal is the Hendrix vinyl bundle. I ordered it, couldn't pass it up for 53 bucks shipped. 3 double LP's and two singles. Seems like a pretty good deal.

14. hutlock

Details here:

Today only, get this exclusive PopMarket bundle offer of Jimi Hendrix VINYL including the brand-new, completely unreleased studio album Valleys Of Neptune, at the VIP PopMarket discount price of $59.99!

5 Jimi Hendrix VINYL Albums in One Exclusive Bundle Offer
    Includes the 3 original classic Jimi Hendrix Experience studio albums PLUS the acclaimed First Rays Of The New Rising Sun and the brand new Valleys Of Neptune
    180 Gram Audiophile LP Pressings
    Analog Remastering From The Original 2-Track Master Tapes by Jimi's Original Engineer
    Complete Original Artwork
    Each Album Includes 8-Page LP Sized Booklet w/Rare Photos and Liner Notes
    Originality Electrified! Experience the genius of Jimi Hendrix the way it was meant to be on 180 gram audiophile vinyl! This exclusive PopMarket Jimi Hendrix VINYL bundle brings together the 3 original classic Jimi Hendrix Experience studio albums - Are You Experienced, Axis: Bold As Love, Electric Ladyland - PLUS the acclaimed First Rays Of The New Rising Sun and the brand new Valleys Of Neptune.

Don't forget to use the code FACEBOOK10 to get an extra 10% off.

15. My gosh, just ordered the Jimi box. Such a great deal!
    Ahhhh!!!

16. gmoney80

gmoney80 Forum Resident

Incredible deal on the Jimi box, wow just ordered i already have 2 of these albums but its cheaper to buy all 5 instead of buying the three i need individually.

17. HiredGoon

HiredGoon Forum Resident

G'day,

Tempting ... though I'm not a big fan of Valleys Of Neptune or First Rays. These go for $20 new so maybe I can sell 'em and basically get the other three for around $10 each.

Though I wish Blues was included in this deal ...

Edit: ... and ordered. Strewth I've been spending some $$$ at PopMarket lately (two Miles Davis box sets at over $200 each, the Murray Perahia Mozart box, and now this).

--Geoff

18. SammyJoe

SammyJoe Up The Irons!

Thats one pretty awesome deal, well Im not gonna order as already own these. :)

19. I had put off buying these re-issues for so long, saw them even as low as $15 each and passed, but now I can finally enjoy them.

Thanks for the discount code too!

20. bresna

bresna Senior Member

I ordered today's Hendrix deal. Too cheap to pass up. I've picked up each of these new Legacy LPs recently and thought about giving one or two a try. Now, for $54, I get to hear all of them.

21. capn

capn Forum Resident

Hi Guys, how do those Hendrix vinyl issues sound? Are they good masterings?
    thanks.

22. Davidmk5

Davidmk5 Forum Resident

yeh , i own all but one of them ... goo deal though !

23. capn

capn Forum Resident

are they good masterings David? no noise reduction used?

24. Davidmk5

Davidmk5 Forum Resident

I like the sound of them , there is a topic on the board here , some thought there was a bit too much high-end on them & yes , they are a hair bright , but they are worth this price for sure , i love them , nice qulity pressings , good sound , there might be a hair of NR , but nothing that bothers me at all , they sound really nice ... got mine for maybe $18 each & have been super happy with them :righton:

Check this thread & read it backwards start at the last page , it has Opinions from those who have had them for a while , some do not like Electric ladyland ....

http://www.stevehoffman.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=205457&highlight=hendrix+vinyl

25. imarcq

imarcq Men are from Mars, I'm from Bromley...

It's sold out now folks! I had to order this set earlier so got lucky. With the discount they came to less than $A60 including shipping. Very nice :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.