Sony noise cancelling wireless headphones

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by pocofan, Jan 4, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pocofan

pocofan Senior Member Thread Starter

Just bought a pair today. Wanted noise cancelling. Really pleased with the comfort of them. Sound is pretty darn good as well

LoveYourLife likes this.
  2. pocofan

pocofan Senior Member Thread Starter

I can wear them for hours. Comfortable.

3. DigMyGroove

DigMyGroove Forum Resident

Glad you are enjoying your new headphones, it would be helpful to tell us the specific model.

4. dennis1077

dennis1077 Forum Resident

Are you still enjoying them? I'm thinking of buying a pair.

5. I bought the Sony WH1000XM3's last year and returned them after a week (and I usually never return anything I have used). I thought the sound was very unnatural. They were intended for some long flights over last Christmas.

My daily headphones are Sony MDRV6's which I love. For casual listening while around the house, I now just have a pair of wireless Anker Soundcore Q20's.

jeffrey walsh likes this.
  6. riddlemay

riddlemay Forum Resident

My wireless Sony phones are the WH-CH700N and I freakin' love them, bluetoothing to my iPhone. I wish every "audio system" I listened to delivered such consistent satisfaction.

bever70 likes this.
  7. enfield

enfield Forum Resident

Most Sony models in this bracket do tend to tame the harshness of modern recorded music but can sound slightly enclosed and muddy (with a slightly detached but airy HF).Depending on specific model.

8. Jesus Jeronimo

Jesus Jeronimo Forum Resident

I do enjoy them very very much

J

9. bever70

bever70 Let No-one Live Rent Free in Your Head!

My daughter just ordered a pair yesterday (instead of the newer 710N, because of a supposedly more balanced sound and also aptx bt that the 710N doesn't have). Should be here tomorrow. I'll have a listen ;).

riddlemay likes this.
  10. I just got a pair of the Sony WH1000XM3's, and am disappointed by how muddy they sound - I knew going in that they were bass-forward, but wasn't expecting the rolled-off highs and boomy lower mids they have out of the box. I haven't tried much configuring with the headphones app though - and since I plan to use the headphones mainly with my (Sony) TV and receiver: Does anyone know if the WH1000XM3's retain setting changes made in the app, or are the changes stored in the app, thus only applying when the device with the app is used? A quick initial net search didn't turn up a straight answer...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.