Sony reissuing the Miles Davis “complete” series....

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by frankfan1, Apr 13, 2020.

1. Nycademon

Nycademon Forum Resident

Cool, thanks!

2. This Heat

This Heat Forum Resident

Also says May 6 on the website. I ordered the On The Corner box and a Bitches Brew hoodie which says May 15

Erik B. likes this.
  3. Nycademon

Nycademon Forum Resident

It’s apparently a bit fluid, it said May 1 when I ordered OTC. Delays aren’t surprising given SARS-CoV-2, but an emailed update to people who ordered boxes would be nice.

misteranderson and ispace like this.
  4. Flaming Torch

Flaming Torch Forum Resident

All the boxes have this under details when you open them up on the web page.

"Please Note: This product is available for pre-order and it is anticipated to ship on or around May 6."

Great to see them all back in print even if it is only for this one off reissue.

Erik B. and mike s in nyc like this.
  5. PoptopiaDave

PoptopiaDave Forum Resident

Hmm. According to the Miles website, these boxes are now all out of stock. Shipping date "on or around May 6th" (today). I hope everyone's orders are fulfilled, including my own. Fingers crossed!

Erik B. and KariK like this.
  6. GuyDon

GuyDon Senior Member

This happens on nearly all sites that have Music Today fulfillment. Items listed as pre-order change to 'out of stock' for a short period of time on their release date before being listed as 'in stock' (or their true inventory level). It did the same thing on Miles' site with the previous May 1st release date.

7. muzzer

muzzer Forum Resident

Fingers crossed.....

8. misteranderson

misteranderson Forum Resident

I just spoke with a musictoday rep in Virginia because I have an order in that I didn't have an order number for. She was super, super nice. Very helpful. She said they're really slammed at the moment - she also said the Miles stuff was supposed to go out today, but will be delayed a little longer. She couldn't pinpoint a date. I assume everybody will be notified via e-mail when shipping starts.

I didn't think to ask whether any of the boxes were sold out, or close to it.

You have to be signed up at the site to see your orders. One of mine was tagged "FRAUD - Under fraud investigation" for a few hours after I made it, then was switched to "OPEN." Not sure why that happened.

Bobby Buckshot likes this.
  9. This Heat

This Heat Forum Resident

Says May 15th now

10. mooseman

mooseman Forum Resident

I called, they are being shipped on the 6th today.

11. Kevin Davis

Kevin Davis EQUIPMENT PROFILE INCOMPLETE

How long ago was this phone call? It does say the 15th now on the site -- did the person you spoke with address this discrepancy?

I understand that things are crazy right now, but the disorganization (date pushed back twice thus far) doesn't exactly inspire confidence.

12. misteranderson

The woman I spoke to a couple hours ago said they were not being shipped today.

mooseman likes this.
  13. PacificOceanBlue

PacificOceanBlue Senior Member

Callers probably will get a different story from different call center reps. Assume the box sets are getting shipped between now and the 15th (if not later).

misteranderson likes this.
  14. Kevin Davis

I don't have a problem with waiting, I'm just hoping that the disorganization doesn't indicate that they don't have a handle on inventory levels, etc.

15. Flaming Torch

Flaming Torch Forum Resident

They are available for pre order again for anyone interested!

Erik B. likes this.
  16. Scroller

Scroller Hair Metal, Smooth Jazz, New Age...it's all good

It's such a strange system. I wonder if they actually know if they have enough stock to fulfill all the orders?? :wtf:

audiomixer likes this.
  17. Kevin Davis

This is what makes me feel a little uneasy. Hopefully, if they're continually relisting it and extending the length of time that the preorder is available, they're assessing inventory at each of those points, but who knows...

Scroller likes this.
  18. misteranderson

The woman I spoke to today told me she's handling 600 different stores. But she was able to find my order from six weeks ago in less than 30 seconds. I'm not really concerned.

19. Al Gator

Al Gator You can call me Al

The dates on the main page have definitely changed to 5/15. When I looked up my order, it no longer has a ship date. Is this fulfillment company the one that completely messed up the entire LP/CD pipeline last year?

20. Kevin Davis

I spoke to a rep today and she said my order had a status of "Shipping Order Created," which I'm not seeing in my account but which she assured me is accurate. She said the 15th date is what they're committing to people who are ordering now, but that orders placed previously could still ship in advance. So...good news?

21. Kevin Davis

Hey @mike s in nyc, are you the same Mike in NYC I know from elsewhere?

22. mike s in nyc

mike s in nyc Forum Resident

yes!!!! :)

23. SlimLee

SlimLee Forum Resident

Shipping dates on the web-store are listed at May 12th now, so that's a step in the right direction at least!

24. Progatron

Progatron Wealthy industrialist philanthropist & bicyclist

Really hoping they haven't screwed this up somehow, I've been concerned since I placed my order for the On The Corner box on April 29th. My payment went through right away, but here it is almost two weeks later - and it seems odd to me that shipping to Canada was only $9.52. I pay more than that for one jewel case CD from the U.S. most of the time. Can $9.52 be right? This is my first time ordering from the site so I don't know if it is tracked mail.

Fingers crossed this actually goes out tomorrow (Tuesday May 12). Both of my e-mails were ignored (I inquired after they failed to ship following the original May 1st estimate), so I'm relying on threads like this to get my info.

25. PacificOceanBlue

PacificOceanBlue Senior Member

Musictoday always charges immediately, even if the ship date is weeks away. Sounds like there are a lot of orders (not just Miles Davis) for Musictoday to fulfill and the ship date fluctuated a bit, but it appears orders are going out this week.

ispace and Erik B. like this.