"Sopranos" Season Two DVD Glitch (?)

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by AKA, Jun 20, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AKA

AKA Senior Member Thread Starter

I got this set in January, and am now finally getting around to watching it. I've discovered that episode two, "Toodle-****ing-Oo," is unwatchable - on my DVD player, when I try playing the episode, it doesn't do anything. I then go into the menu screen and try to access it by selecting Chapter Two in the scene selection. The episode will then only play from about five minutes in on.

On my computer, the episode will only play from twelve minutes into the episode.

I checked the disc, and there are no scratches. Since I'm way over Best Buy's ninety-day moratorium (and because the receipt is long gone), I highly doubt I can return it to the store. Is this a known issue with these discs, or am I the only unfortunate one? Is there anything I can do - write to HBO; etc.? Or am I screwed?

2. Tyler

Tyler Senior Member

I'd notify HBO. All of my Sopranos DVD's play just fine.

3. Ed Bishop

Ed Bishop Incredibly, I'm still here

That's what I'd do: contact the company directly. As a rule, they'll go out of their way to help; good for customer relations. Not only that, but if you word it just right, you'll get them curious enough that they'll insist you send it back! DVD is in its early years, and nobody knows for sure how long these discs will last, whether they will develop rot that can be traced to a source problem, etc. They'll probably be curious...

ED:cool:

4. ATR

ATR Senior Member

I have one word of advice for you; Netflix. But, I guess you had to own it so that won't work. Someone once told me that something like 80% of blank videotape was never watched after it was recorded. Now how did they know that? Anyway, my netflix copy played OK, so I'd say that yours is defective. It happens.

5. Jeff H.

Jeff H. Senior Member

Sounds like a pressing defect. Never had a problem with any of my Sopranos DVD's.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.