Sound of Vinyl Sale

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by Mike H., Jun 18, 2023.

1. Quickdraw

Quickdraw Forum Resident

Finally got tracking today for Full Moon Fever with delivery next week.:agree:

RockNRod and DLD like this.
  2. DLD

DLD Senior Member

Got mine yesterday. The only one I'm missing out of 13 is Petty's Southern Accents.

Quickdraw likes this.
  3. Quickdraw

Quickdraw Forum Resident

How’s the pressing on this?

4. DLD

DLD Senior Member

Not having it yet, I can't say but it's a Chris Bellman remaster and that sealed the deal for me

Quickdraw likes this.
  5. Tjazz

Tjazz Breakfast at (a record store)

Waiting for Allman bros: fillmore 2-LP

mur likes this.
  6. throwupmyhands

throwupmyhands Forum Resident

I received an email letting me know Coltrane’s Ballads wouldn’t be available to ship until mid-January. Heads up to anyone else still waiting for that one.

via_atx, Quickdraw and Shawn like this.
  7. MonkeyLizard

MonkeyLizard Forum Resident

They emailed me that it was out of stock and refunded me a rather um, unusual amount that I’m not unhappy about lol.

8. Quickdraw

Quickdraw Forum Resident

It'll be worth the wait. I got my copy a couple of weeks ago and it's a really great release.

throwupmyhands likes this.
  9. MonkeyLizard

MonkeyLizard Forum Resident

actually, my mistake, it was the impulse s/t

10. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

what do you mean? as in they refunded your entire order?

you can tell us. it's safe. everyone here has experienced umg's ineptitude many times over, for better and for worse.

hutlock likes this.
  11. hutlock

hutlock Forever Breathing

I’m still waiting for shipment (or any word about) The Rolling Stones On Air double that I ordered. I only threw it in to bring the shipping total down really, so I’ll be quite happy if they refund me a bunch of extra $$$ for it!

throwupmyhands likes this.
  12. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

dang. that's really the only one from the 2xlp sale that i wanted. i resisted ordering anything though since it seemed dangerous giving them any further money while my other order was still outstanding.

hutlock likes this.
  13. hutlock

hutlock Forever Breathing

Yeah, my other purchases were for the girlfriend so I guess this was the only one I really wanted too LOL.

GentleSenator likes this.
  14. Beholdentonoone

Beholdentonoone Forum Resident

Still waiting to hear from customer service on my damaged Wings Greatest Hits and opened Mercury & Clef Collection box.

15. hubertfarnsworth

hubertfarnsworth Forum Resident

I have received 10, still waiting on Venus & Mars and Jackson 5 Greatest.

16. oddsbodkins

oddsbodkins Forum Resident

3 more days until PayPal gives me my money back. I hate this company with the fire of 1,000 suns.

17. Candyflip Records

Candyflip Records vinyl lover

Only waiting on the Stones Tattoo albums..

18. Beholdentonoone

Grrrrrrrrrr. I got the lamest customer service reply this morning. I had asked about returning and replacing 2 items from 2 recent orders and had sent a few detailed emails with photos.

The reply was from the same guy who replied to my original email so he should or at least could have been aware of my issues.

"Thank you for your continued patience! We are so sorry for any delays or issues with your order that you may be experiencing.

If you’ve received a tracking number, you may not have seen any movement with the tracking on your package but our carriers have been working diligently to get your package to you. At this point, most packages are en route or even delivered! However, if you still have not received your order, or do not see any movement on your tracking, and it has been 2 or more weeks since you received your tracking information, please let us know so we can look into this further for you.

If you have not yet received any tracking information for your order, rest assured that we are working hard behind the scenes with our logistic partners to get your order out to you as quickly as possible. That said, if you have not received your tracking information by Wednesday, December 20th, please let us know so our support staff can promptly get back to you with an update.

Again, we sincerely apologize for this inconvenience and appreciate your continued patience.

Thank you for your patience and support,
    Brian + The Sound of Vinyl"

This frustrated me so much that I pulled up the "form" email from their new VP of Fan Services, e-commerce and tracked him down via LinkedIn and sent him a not so nice email.

Let's see if that makes a difference.

19. Beholdentonoone

Well!!!! I guess that made a difference LOL!!!

"Hi,

Thank you for reaching out and for your patience while your inquiry was reviewed. I'm so sorry for the issues with your orders.

In regards to order #SOVXXXXX, I've asked our fulfillment center to send you a replacement of Mercury & Clef 10-Inch LP Collection.
    In regards to order #SOVYYYYY, I've asked our fulfillment center to send you a replacement of Wings Greatest.

Both of these replacements can be tracked through new order #SOV301482. Once these items ship, you'll receive a separate email with tracking information.

Please feel free to reach out if you need anything else!

Thank you,
    Anne Marie, Sr. Director, The Sound of Vinyl"

hutlock likes this.
  20. Beholdentonoone

I guess Mr Victor Thomas checks his LinkedIn messages as I just received this!!

"Dear...

Thank you for your recent inquiry to our support team! As we are committed to providing a world class fan experience, we’d love to hear your feedback via this short survey. Your responses will help us continually improve our services for you and all of our other great fans.

Take the Survey

All the best,
    Victor Thomas
    Vice President of Customer Care, UMG"

hutlock likes this.
  21. recacer

recacer Forum Resident

Guess I got lucky with my 2 purchases from them. 5 LPs on the first order, 9 LPs on the second order. All arrived with no issues.

Amy Winehouse - Back To Black (Picture Disc Limited Edition)
    Amy Winehouse - Lioness Hidden Treasures
    Amy Winehouse - Live at Glastonbury 2007 (Clear Limited Edition)
    Andrea Bocelli - Romanza
    Brothers Osborne - Port Saint Joe
    John Pardi - Heartache Medication
    Lenny Kravitz - Greatest Hits
    Paul McCartney - Paul Is Live (2 copies)
    Steely Dan - Northeast Corridor Live
    The Beach Boys - Sounds Of Summer Limited Edition
    The Go-Go's - Greatest Hits
    V/A - 41 Original Hits from Soundtrack of American Graff
    V/A - Almost Famous: Music from Motion Picture

22. Quickdraw

Quickdraw Forum Resident

Yeah, I got the same form letter email, but I do have UPS tracking on my remaining outstanding lp, scheduled for delivery early next week. I can only imagine the avalanche of hate email from pissed customers after this last sales event judging from reactions on this forum, let alone social media. They clearly oversold or had serious communication breakdowns with their fulfillment/distribution contractors. We'll see how this shakes out in the next week or two. BTW, I'd love to see what you say in the survey link LOL!

hutlock likes this.
  23. Quickdraw

Quickdraw Forum Resident

Hilarious! I just got my fourth follow up email. This one stated that if I don't receive my order within a week to contact them.

hutlock likes this.
  24. oddsbodkins

oddsbodkins Forum Resident

Same boilerplate email I got. Thankfully, PayPal refunded me my money today. Trash company.

25. ErichWithAnH

ErichWithAnH Well-Known Member

Still waiting on one order to ship, but I did eventually get a response about one of my shipments missing the Wings Greatest I ordered. Since they were out of stock they offered me either a refund or a replacement album from their site equal to or cheaper than Wings. Asked for Beck’s Mutations and today they sent a confirmation! Not a bad trade off.