Sound of Vinyl Sale

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by Mike H., Jun 18, 2023.

1. DLD

DLD Senior Member

I received a damaged album (1 out of 13 I ordered). Big, audible scuff on side 1. Sent them an e-mail, got a prompt response in a few days asking for picture. A week later they said they're authorizing a refund (and I'm keeping the album)

Are they slow? Sure.
    Are they undermanned in customer service after they offer an incredible sale and move mountains of albums for next to nothing? Yes
    Is the hassle, to the extent you have any, worth it, considering the prices? Heck yea

Just my experience obviously....

2. Quickdraw

Quickdraw Forum Resident

Finally got Full Moon Fever after waiting a month, but it was worth it. Flat, quiet pressing. The Bellman mastering is just the icing on the cake.

recacer likes this.
  3. Jeepster39

Jeepster39 Forum Resident

Just got mine today! Was a major whole in my Petty vinyl collection.

Quickdraw likes this.
  4. Ray29

Ray29 Forum Resident

Placed an order over a month back. No shipping notice. Sent email requesting status 4 days ago. No response. Zero customer service. Am I supposed to contact the credit card company to reverse?

5. Leugi

Leugi Forum Resident

Eventually

6. theycallmemitch

theycallmemitch Forum Resident

Got an email today regarding the Stones' It's Only Rock & Roll. I chose to keep it active.

We are reaching out regarding your order SOV###### containing the It's Only Rock N Roll vinyl.

Due to production delays, your order is not quite ready, and we do not yet have an estimated shipping date. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and appreciate your understanding.

If you do not want the affected item(s) in your order to be automatically canceled on 1/18/2024, please simply respond below so that we may ensure your full order remains active. Please know that by choosing to keep your order, you may still request to cancel it at any time prior to shipment.

If we do not hear from you before 1/18/2024 and we have not yet shipped the merchandise, this product will be automatically canceled, and your money refunded. Any active orders available to ship prior to this date will be shipped in accordance with our standard store policies.

JMR likes this.
  7. DLD

DLD Senior Member

Got the exact e-mail, same date, regarding Petty's Full Moon Fever. I'm waiting.

8. via_atx

via_atx Forum Resident

The waiting is the hardest part...

9. dasacco

dasacco Senior Member

I got the same email for Southern Accents, and decided to wait for it.

DLD likes this.
  10. It’s the long game with Sound of Vinyl. While you certainly can dispute, I’d give it a bit more time. I’m still waiting for two LPs myself.

Ray29 and via_atx like this.
  11. via_atx

via_atx Forum Resident

30% off site wide right now. Anyone found a way to get free shipping?

12. Channel Z

Channel Z Forum Resident

On 11/17 I ordered 4 LPs. I have received 2, I'm still waiting for

BB King /Live at the Regal
    John Coltrane/Ballads

I have received 1 e-mail explaining the delay in the order. They say 1/19 or around that time they will ship me these.

Ray29 likes this.
  13. Ray29

Ray29 Forum Resident

Same here. Just got that email too.

14. jason202

jason202 Forum Resident

I just got an email stating that an item I ordered way back on June 18th could not be fulfilled and a refund would be issued. The problem is, they shipped said item to me back in June!

15. I had been waiting for my Rolling Stones Tattoo You two-LP set to arrive so about 10 days ago I sent an inquiry as to the status. No email response but lo and behold the album arrived yesterday. Might be a coincidence but mentioning it in case this process helps anyone else get their orders.

16. theycallmemitch

I fail to see the problem :D

jason202 and hutlock like this.
  17. J Luc

J Luc Forum Resident

I was also waiting for the Tattoo You 2-LP set and was wondering if it was ever going to ship or if I would get a refund but I never did contact them. Funny thing is I received a shipping email from Sound of Vinyl yesterday and it showed up with yesterday's mail. Will miracles never cease.

Candyflip Records and Shawn like this.
  18. TNhillbilly

TNhillbilly Doctor Wu

Yeah, I got a the same email. I’ll be curious to see if we actually get the refunds.

jason202 likes this.
  19. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

same here. the "cancelled order" they e-mailed me about is for a record i've been enjoying for over a month. we'll see if they actually refund us or if this was just another case of johnny playing with the power cables in the control room.

DapperGentleman and jason202 like this.
  20. bamboozlednow

bamboozlednow Well-Known Member

I got mine a few days ago. My only outstanding item from these sales. I didn't get a shipping notice until after it was delivered. It didn't show up in my informed delivery until the day it was out for delivery, despite me checking daily for weeks. So there is hope for anyone still waiting for things.

Candyflip Records likes this.
  21. theycallmemitch

Got an email this morning the Jacksons Christmas Album shipped, leaving the Stones It's Only Rock 'n Roll as the last one I'm waiting on.

22. Jeepster39

Jeepster39 Forum Resident

I hope that the Tattoo You 2-LP goes on sale again. It's the only thing I missed out on this last go round.

23. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

Just got a notice my 2022 calendar had shipped from them.

Shawn, breakingglass and JMR like this.
  24. TNhillbilly

TNhillbilly Doctor Wu

My refund went through today. Lol

GentleSenator, jason202 and hutlock like this.
  25. jason202

jason202 Forum Resident

Mine too!! This is not the first time they’ve inadvertently given me free stuff, either. I got two copies of something I ordered from them recently as well.