SoundStage Direct "Problems" thread*

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by psulioninks, Jan 16, 2018.

1. dolsey01

dolsey01 Forum Resident

2. Gabe Walters

Gabe Walters Forum Resident

My assumption as well.

3. CSH

CSH Active Member

Wow! I find it hard to believe that any reputable company would affiliate with SSD. I feel sorry for anyone unknowing of what SSD has done who gets duped into "buying" anything from SSD via the Reverb LP website. Incredible...

4. BradOlson

BradOlson Country/Christian Music Maven

Which is AEC One Stop (Alliance Entertainment).

Last edited: Oct 2, 2018
    zphage likes this.
  5. Waynefi

Waynefi Confused over the confusion ?

He should have stuck with just LP's

6. ScottInDallas

ScottInDallas Forum Resident

I have a feeling Reverb is quickly going to regret any affiliation they have with SSD.

bmh5879, #1Zero, Shawn and 1 other person like this.
  7. aroney

aroney Who really gives a...?

:agree:

8. loudinny

loudinny Forum Resident

Sounds like SSD is liquidating inventory. My guess is you won’t see SSD using the old business monicker as a seller on Reverb.

9. JimBob Jones

JimBob Jones Active Member

Yeah, no thanks. I'll just steer clear of them too.

jcure likes this.
  10. Gabe Walters

They are, same logo and everything, though they currently have no listings.

11. dannylin

dannylin Member

Yes, my credit card said they have a 120-day window to deal with dispute cases. And luckily I'm still within that timeframe and got a refund. It's still under their investigation but my credit card company has refunded to my balance at least.

12. loudinny

loudinny Forum Resident

Yikes ... and Reverb uses PayPal

13. dannylin

dannylin Member

I would guess that they have some certain deal. So they sold their assets but not debt. Which means any outstanding orders you've placed on SSD is either outdated (become an outstanding SSD debt), or you still have a chance to get it back from either your credit card company (from my credit card company, they said there's a 120-day window to get the refunds) or Paypal or so.

Once they liquidate, you have no way to get your money back unless you file a lawsuit against Seth.

David Callaway likes this.
  14. David Callaway

David Callaway New Member

Wow...I have SSD saved in my favorites list - haven't read all the posts yet but when I clicked on "SSD" I was directed to a website called "Reverb".....hmmm. Didn't take me long to figure out that SSD reached the end-of-life. Wonder what happened? I pre-ordered "Dire Straits" - the debut album in 45rpm format for about $50 back in early 2017; still not sure if it has been released yet. This news only complicates my issue. What a bummer. I've spent about two thousand dollars with those guys in the past...never had a problem. Again, there are numerous posts in here, haven't had time to read them all yet; just wanted to chime in...so what the hell's goin' on? $50 isn't gonna make or break my bank acct but sounds like a headache is on the horizon if anyone in here is in my shoes. Glad I found this forum!

15. David Callaway

David Callaway New Member

Thanks for that info

16. dcottrell6

dcottrell6 Forum Resident

Same here

17. Gabe Walters

For anyone who doesn’t know, Reverb LP is just a marketplace, like Discogs or Amazon Marketplace. Soundstage Direct signed up as a seller there, but Reverb doesn’t have any relation to them, anymore than Discogs does with me because I sell records there.

Weirdly, Soundstage Direct redirected their web traffic to Reverb LP, and Reverb LP seems to be ok with that, but that’s as far as that goes.

mikeyt and GentleSenator like this.
  18. exbar

exbar Member

Just want to provide you guys an update. Yesterday, I dropped an email on customerservice@soundstagedirect.com and got reply. They asked for my number and some guy called me and said that they are out of business. And for my not completed order he said to drop em an email with the details (I got some stuff with the store gift card that I got from my friends). He advised my friends to send them details about gift card purchase and they will handle it from there.

19. CSH

CSH Active Member

I'd be very wary and cautious! SSD didn't respond to anyone for the better part of three months and now that they are trying to use Reverb as their new "marketplace" they suddenly respond to emails to their customer service email address ??? ... Seems VERY suspicious to me. I think they are trying to show Reverb that they are a solid business to sell items via their website. Why else would they all of a sudden try to "handle it" using their words. Maybe I'm wrong, but after they ran off with probably well over $100K of customers' money based on horror stories on this and other forums, why should (or would) anyone trust them?

20. Romerovm

Romerovm Forum Resident

Never heard of LP Reverb. I assume it is a small market like Discogs was 15 years ago?

21. mikeyt

mikeyt Forum Resident

That makes a lot of sense to me. I was surprised when they started their trade-in program, curious as to how the numbers would work out. In reality I guess they didn't. There was no way in a niche business that that was profitable, they must have figured the profits from LPs would cover it until they grew it to a certain point in which they would make a profit and then it all flopped. Shame.

22. aroney

aroney Who really gives a...?

Never heard of them either.

After scanning the site it seems they have a lot of "new" product, however you can get the LP's for less from established vendors.

Romerovm likes this.
  23. Romerovm

Romerovm Forum Resident

They have less than 1 million listings under rock. That's super small compared to Discogs right?

24. Shawn

Shawn Forum Resident

Reverb is probably best known as a marketplace for users/stores to sell new/used musical instruments. IMO they're pretty awesome at it, and I've bought a number of items - from drum sticks to guitar strings to drums to a synth to a bass guitar - via the site over the last few years. I haven't tried their LP marketplace though.

Romerovm likes this.
  25. dannylin

dannylin Member

Same here. I'll never trust SSD.

Dropped them at least 5 or 6 emails and 10+ messages , 2 posts via their FB but no response.
    Work with your credit card company or Paypal to get your money back is the way to go!