South Park Seasons 21, 22, & 23*

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Derek Slazenger, Sep 18, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deesky

Deesky Forum Resident

I liked the episode. The tardigrade stuff was okay, but I preferred the angle on couples becoming more like each other over time, ie, Heidi turning into Cartman. Some funny stuff there.

ampmods likes this.
  2. Scope J

Scope J Senior Member

Anyone watching S22?

Lightworker likes this.
  3. Lightworker

Lightworker Forum Resident

Only 1 ep in so far but will do more this weekend.

Matthew Tate and Scope J like this.
  4. agentalbert

agentalbert Senior Member

Thanks for the reminder. Not having cable now, I'm out of the loop and miss when things start. Just watched "Dead Kids" and thought it was very funny. Loved Randy at the dinner table when Sharon was freaking out, and during the community meeting in their living room. And Butters on hall monitor duty with the M-16!

Matthew Tate likes this.
  5. RockWizard

RockWizard Forum Resident

I forgot about the show. Caught the last two weeks episodes. Mr. Hankey run out of town? WOW. And Stan's dad a grass cultivator........who would have thought?

Matthew Tate likes this.
  6. agentalbert

In episode 22-01 "Dead Kids" - is Cartman's black leather jacket, fingerless glvoes investigavite character supposed to be a reference to any character or movie in particular? His "Black Panther" obsession was funny. Also liked Sharon's therapist trying to read Randy's charades.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  7. Matthew Tate

Matthew Tate Forum Resident

this season has been weird so far

8. Deesky

Deesky Forum Resident

I'm not sure that 'weird' is a distinguishing descriptor for this show :). Seen all four and liked them all. A strong start to the season.

agentalbert and Matthew Tate like this.
  9. Daniel Plainview

Daniel Plainview God's Lonely Man

Yes. Liked last nights episode a lot. And the Dead Kids episode.

Didnt like the previous priest episode very much, though.

electricmetaphor likes this.
  10. Scope J

Scope J Senior Member

11. lv70smusic

lv70smusic Senior Member

And my reaction is the opposite. It's a decent season so far, but the standout for me so far was the priest episode. I wouldn't rank it among my favorite episodes ever, but it definitely made me laugh out loud a few times. The pot growing episode has been the weakest so far.

Deesky and Matthew Tate like this.
  12. Daniel Plainview

I loved the pot one. Good to see Towlie has gone pro. And Randy mocking the ***** stick using vape people.

13. agentalbert

Just watched S22-02 "A Boy And A Priest" - Good stuff. The sound of the "Cumby" gave me a laugh. Also got a kick out of the "Cumboni" and the priest call that the cleanup crew used. I know the animation on this show has progressed througout the years, but it really struck me in a few scenes this episode how much more detailed it is. I watched an old episode from season 1 or 2 recently and there was a scene that took place at Stark's Pond. It was just a little blue puddle with snow around and maybe a bench. But in this episode where Butter's and the priest visit Stark's Pond, it has all these beautiful detailed mountains around it. Also the buildings have so much more detail now than they used to.

ampmods and Matthew Tate like this.
  14. Deesky

Deesky Forum Resident

I thought the Halloween e-bike episode was fantastic! A successful fusion of various elements that was also very funny.

goodiesguy and Matthew Tate like this.
  15. agentalbert

Yeah, it was. For some reason I got a kick out of the credit card entering sequence, complete with expiry and security code. When Kenny and Mackey talk to the cell phone tower guy dressed as Jason, his little head tilt to the side was an homage to Friday The 13th: Part 2 where the girl confuses Jason by pretending to be his mother, and he did that same move.

They dropped the sound of gunfire for establishing shots of the school, though. I thought it was pretty funny how when they would show the exterior of the school the past few episodes (after "Dead Kids"), you'd hear the sound of gunfire from inside.

Deesky and Matthew Tate like this.
  16. Scope J

Scope J Senior Member

17. goodiesguy

goodiesguy Confide In Me

Tegridy Farms!

Matthew Tate and Scope J like this.
  18. Scope J

Scope J Senior Member

100% HEMP

goodiesguy likes this.
  19. Scope J

Scope J Senior Member

Now they're bleepin' the "F's"?

why?

20. dprokopy

dprokopy Senior Member

Didn't they always? I thought they were (quite famously) allowed to use the S word, but not the F word.

lc1995 likes this.
  21. Scope J

Scope J Senior Member

I'm watching on Hulu, they've
    been un-bleeped 'til this current
    episode.

22. Juan Matus

Juan Matus Reformed Audiophile

The Amazon Ep. was genius.

23. Deesky

Deesky Forum Resident

Great Amazon episode. I just loved the portrayal of Bezos as a Talosian alien from ST:TOS. ;)

goodiesguy and agentalbert like this.
  24. Daniel Plainview

Tennessee Ernie Ford would be proud.

goodiesguy and ampmods like this.
  25. lv70smusic

lv70smusic Senior Member

It's so interesting how different episodes hit people differently. I thought this Amazon episode was weak; high on the "making a point" index but low on humor. I did enjoy hearing Tennessee Ernie Ford, but it seemed lazy to use so much of it to tell the story. I'm guessing this is the first part of a story arc, too, since the ending seemed like it wasn't an ending at all.

Matthew Tate likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.