Spider-Man: Into The Spider-Verse

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by The Hud, Dec 18, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Hud

The Hud Breath of the Kingdom, Tears of the Wild Thread Starter

I wish everyone could have seen this in a Dolby Cinema theater. I can't imagine a better way to see it.

Chris DeVoe, longdist01 and Vidiot like this.
  2. mmars982

mmars982 Forum Resident

Apparently the Blu Ray has an alternate version of the movie. I wasn't planning on getting as much as I liked it in theater, but this has me curious enough to get it.

3. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

Yeah, it's absolutely fantastic in 4K HDR. INTENSE doesn't begin to describe it.

You can setup the disc to play either the original theatrical version, or an alternate version (I assume from an alternate universe) that's about 30 minutes longer. Apparently, the latter has cameos by Tom Cruise and Jim Cameron (!!!), among other things.

longdist01 and The Hud like this.
  4. Nephrodoc

Nephrodoc Forum Resident

I preordered the Blueray and just got around to watching this with the kids. We all loved it, great movie.

longdist01 and The Hud like this.
  5. Deuce66

Deuce66 Senior Member

from Blu-Ray.com

Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse contains an audio commentary track, several featurettes, lyric videos, and more. A DVD copy of the film and a Movies Anywhere digital copy code are included with purchase. This release ships with a non-embossed slipcover.

• Alternate Universe Mode (1080p, 2:23:31): From the Blu-ray: "Watch in Alternate Universe Mode to discover alternate scenes, plot lines, characters and more with the filmmakers as your guide!" This is an entirely different "cut" with a number of scenes presented in early black-and-white storyboard concept stages that build a familiar, but ultimately unique, take on the film compared to its finished product. It sometimes includes humorous "commentary" by Will Gluck.
    • Audio Commentary: Co-Writer and Producer Phil Lord, Producer Chris Miller, Directors Bob Persichetti and Peter Ramsey, and Co-Director and Co-Writer Rodney Rothman deliver a fun and breezy but also deeply insightful track that covers a multitude of filmmaking details. It's compelling for this film's uniqueness and excellence both.
    • "Caught in a Ham" Short (1080p, 4:01): Presented in the style of a vintage WB cartoon, the short film follows Spider-Ham battling the villainous "Dr. Craw-daddy."
    • We Are Spider-Man (1080p, 7:51): Cast and crew talk up the benefits of folding multiple Spider-Man variations into the film and discuss some of the core character qualities, Shameik Moore's vocal performance, and more.
    • Spider-Verse: A New Dimension (1080p, 5:09): A detailed discussion of the movie's visual style.
    • The Ultimate Comics Cast (1080p, 15:02): An in-depth discussion of the film's key voice cast and the qualities the actors brought to the characters.
    • Designing Cinematic Comic Book Characters: Heroes & Hams (1080p, 7:45): Filmmakers discuss designing the various Spider characters, both their physical appearances and their personalities.
    • Designing Cinematic Comic Book Characters: Scoundrels & Scorpions (1080p, 5:11): Similar to the supplement above but focused on the villains who appear in the film.
    • A Tribute to Stan Lee and Steve Ditko (1080p, 8:34): Remembering the icons who first brought Spider-Man to life and passed away within months of one another in 2018.
    • The Spider-Verse Super Fan Easter Egg Challenge (1080p, 5:02): The filmmakers share some of the secrets that appear in the film.
    • Lyric Videos (1080p): Included are "Sunflower" by Post Malone, Swae Lee (2:47) and "Familia" by Nicki Minaj, Anuel AA, Bantu (3:00).
    • Previews (1080p): Additional Sony titles

longdist01 and mmars982 like this.
  6. Kevin In Choconut Center

Kevin In Choconut Center Offensive Coordinator

I really wish I had seen this in a theater, but watching it on DVD was better than not seeing it all. It's one of the best films, animated or live action, that I've seen in a long time. It's just totally eye popping in terms of its "look" but more importantly, it really has a heart. Of all the characters, my favorite has to be the older Peter Parker. I found it fascinating to see a version of the character that's become a total mess as a person and then to see him somehow recapture the very best part of himself.

7. jh901

jh901 Forum Resident

The 4K in my home theater is amazing. I'm fairly spoiled and not likely to be impressed often (with respect to image/sound), but seeing this one the right way makes quite an impression!

8. wbhendrix

wbhendrix Forum Resident

I watched it two weeks ago and since then my kids have watched it every day. I'm not mad about it at all.

In terms of animation, Best animated movie maybe ever? One of the best kid/adult soundtracks since, ever? The innovation all around was unreal and unrivaled in recent memory.

Chris DeVoe and longdist01 like this.
  9. badfinger54

badfinger54 Senior Member

Saw it on Netflix and was blown away by the animation and imagery! Wish I had seen it on a big screen in a theater!

Chris DeVoe likes this.
  10. Chris DeVoe

Chris DeVoe RIP Vickie Mapes Williams (aka Equipoise)

It was quite the trip. I saw it twice in the theater and it rewarded multiple viewings.

wbhendrix likes this.
  11. Spitfire

Spitfire Senior Member

Just saw this last night. Cool movie and excellent animation.

Simon A and Chris DeVoe like this.
  12. Chris DeVoe

Chris DeVoe RIP Vickie Mapes Williams (aka Equipoise)

Found an interesting thing out just last week, Miles at the beginning is animated at the normal 12 frames a second for traditional cel animation, while Peter B. Parker is animated at a full 24 frames a second. As he becomes more comfortable as Spider-Man, his frame rate increases:

13. Deuce66

Deuce66 Senior Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.