SPIRIT - It Shall Be : The Ode & Epic Recordings 1968-1972

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by moops, Dec 21, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. allbrosca

allbrosca Dancing Madly Backwards

No, but I got a message from Amazon.ca saying they were having trouble getting it but still trying and I noticed that it has changed from "pre-order" to "out of stock". Great.

2. Rne

Rne weltschmerz

:(

3. drummerdogg

drummerdogg Forum Resident

Anybody bought this yet, and is the sound an improvement over the reissues of a few years back ?

4. chickendinna

chickendinna Homegrown’s All Right With Me

I ordered it from Amazon UK. It was mailed on Thursday so I should receive it by the end of the month. I don't have the reissues so I have nothing to compare it to.

Shvartze Shabbos likes this.
  5. RickA

RickA Love you forever Luke, we will be together again

My UK order was shipped as well. Looking forward to it as well.

6. moops

moops Senior Member Thread Starter

Mine's on the way from Amazon UK so I guess I'll have it soon. I'm not really expecting any revelations audio-wise, and really I'm perfectly happy with both the Legacy remasters and Eroc's Repertoire discs.
    I'm just getting this for the stuff on there that I don't have and because I'm a bit of a sucker for these mini box sets. I cant see it being "unlistenable" though I think I'm way less picky than some.
    If the audio quality is sub-standard it won't worry me too much and I can't see myself bitching about it here. There will be plenty of reports soon enough I would imagine.

drummerdogg likes this.
  7. aoxomoxoa

aoxomoxoa I'm an ear sitting in the sky

Looking forward to impressions on this set. I have most of them on CD but I could use Model Shop and the S/T mono. I may spring when the price drops.

8. Same boat.

9. aoxomoxoa

aoxomoxoa I'm an ear sitting in the sky

I wonder why they left off the single version of "Natures Way"?

10. Runicen

Runicen Forum Resident

I received mine through ImportCDs on Friday. Unfortunately, I won't be of much help to those looking for audio comparisons as this is my first burst of Spirit in my music collection.

My biggest issue going forward is to figure out if I'll be putting this in my digital collection as-is or trying to create individual record "albums" from the material here and, if so, how to split the material. :p

11. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

Probably their way of telling you something's wrong with this set.

12. Rne

Rne weltschmerz

But I'm sure you can share with us your opinion on the mastering anyway :righton:

Runicen and Shvartze Shabbos like this.
  13. crispi

crispi Vinyl Archaeologist

The mid-'90s Vic Anesini-mastered CDs were wonderful, even though they partially contained remixes instead of original mixes. I wonder if this new set will manage to match that warm and full sound those CDs had.

14. PFA

PFA Forum Resident

I, too, got a message that this has been shipped from Amazon.uk.
    They sometime are quite quick in getting shipments to the U.S. (I've gotten things as quick as 4 days)

I'm really looking forward to this one.

15. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

I've got the mono vinyl already, and bought a CD of Model Shop a year ago, off the Amazon Marketplace for $17.00.

Amazon.com: Buying Choices: Model Shop

16. Dok

Dok Senior Member

What audiophile label is releasing Dr. Sardonicus? Anyone know?

17. MarcS

MarcS Forum Resident

Got mine today; the mono first LP sounds punchy; really helps Mechanical World

18. Rne

Rne weltschmerz

I've got mine too. I've just finished ripping the discs, but since iTunes didn't have the data yet, I had to type everything. It was fun, in a way.

Galley likes this.
  19. Silver CD - MFSL

20. Dok

Dok Senior Member

I thought initially AF was doing the first 4 and then it came out that they weren't doing Dreams, that another label had the rights. I'm not asking about the old one MFSL from 1990.

21. Okay, that’s the only audiophile release old or otherwise that I’m aware of. I would be interested in finding out if another label is going to release it too. Is AF indeed going to release the third and final SACD?

22. Dok

Dok Senior Member

23. JRF

JRF Forum Resident

24. Dok

Dok Senior Member

:righton: Obviously didn't dig far enough. Thanks

25. old school

old school Senior Member

I have the Vic Anesini remasters from Sony & the two from AF waiting on Clear. For the price I ordered the box from Esoteric. My question is why is AF not doing Dr. Sardonicus? And who is doing it if anyone knows? Thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.